Found June 05, 2014 on
Wrestling News Depot:
-The Undertaker was reportedly very banged up after his brutal match with “The Beast Incarnate” Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania XXX. As we all know, the decision was made for The Undertaker’s undefeated streak at Wrestlemania to come to an end that night after 21 consecutive victories at the “Showcase of the Immortals.”
It’s being said that the Undertaker has been asked if he’s coming back to wrestle a match at Wrestlemania 31 and given the brutal match at Wrestlemania XXX along with other injuries that he’s had, he’s said in the last week or two that it’s not looking too good.
Going into Wrestlemania XXX in April, it was expected that the Undertaker would take on Sting next year at Wrestlemania 31. Now it seems like we may not see either of them in the ring next year as Sting has only been offered the standard $10,000 WWE Legends Deal with no guarantees. It seems that as of this writing, Sting has not been offered a talent contract.
On the bright side of things, The Undertaker has been back in the gym working out. We will have more on this story as it develops.
-Despite not appearing on the show, WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan was backstage at Monday Night Raw in Indianapolis this week. It was announced on the show that he would defend the WWE World Heavyweight Championship against Kane in a stretcher match at WWE Money in the Bank on June 29th if he is physically able to compete. If he is not, he will be forced to vacate the WWE World Heavyweight Championship and the title will be put up for grabs in the Money in the Bank ladder match.
As far as Bryan’s rehabilitation goes, it’s being said that the rehabilitation of his right arm is going slower than they anticipated and that is the negative diagnosis that they received over the weekend. One person close to Daniel Bryan said that not only is he not making progress, but he is actually losing strength in his arm while doing rehab.
Daniel Bryan’s medical condition has been a hot topic among those in power at Raw. He will be returning to television next Monday on Raw to address Stephanie McMahon’s announcement regarding Bryan and the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
Do you think that The Undertaker will compete next year at Wrestlemania 31? How do you feel about the negative diagnosis on Daniel Bryan’s condition? Let us know in the comments section below.
Johnny Lugo is a writer for WrestlingNewsDepot.com of the UTN Network. Follow us on Twitter at @Wrestling_Depot and “Like” us on Facebook.
IMG Credit: Facebook
BEST OF MAXIM
From Daniel Bryan Reportedly Losing Strength In His Arm, Rehab Update
- WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan was backstage at RAW in Indianapolis this week. The rehabilitation of his right arm is reportedly going slower than they anticipated.
One person close to Bryan said that not only is he not making gains but he’s actually losing strength in his arm while doing rehab...
- We’ve noted that Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE World Heavyweight Title was not penciled in for SummerSlam but there was one idea going where Lesnar would win the title at SummerSlam, only to see Money In the Bank winner Cesaro cash in and take the title from Lesnar.
Obviously everything is up in the air with Bryan’s status for Money In the Bank on June 29th but...
- It’s said that the angle with Seth Rollins turning on The Shield at RAW was officially decided upon on Sunday afternoon before the Payback pay-per-view. The angle was apparently Vince McMahon’s reaction to the low RAW rating the week before.
- It’s said that when The Undertaker has been asked if he’s coming back for WrestleMania 31 after the brutal match at WrestleMania...
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
According to one source — following neck surgery — the strength in Daniel Bryan’s right arm is not only not making gains during his current recovery process, but is actually getting weaker. As a result, WWE has become concerned with how well Bryan is coming along in his rehabilitation.
Apparently the situation surrounding Bryan and...
The wrestling world was a bit surprised when Stephanie McMahon revealed plans for the WWE world title at Money in the Bank. According to one report, there is more truth in this new angle than fiction and we may be seeing the end of Daniel Bryan as WWE champion.
Last night on the June 2nd edition of WWE Monday Night Raw, Stephanie McMahon made a huge announcement regarding the future of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Since Daniel Bryan refused to surrender the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WWE Payback, he will have four weeks to get healthy. If he is cleared to compete, he will defend the WWE World Heavyweight Championship...
WWE's website has a new poll up asking fans if Daniel Bryan is unable to compete at Money In the Bank, what would they prefer happen with the WWE World Heavyweight Title - allow Bryan to keep the title until he's healthy or have the title be defended in a Money In the Bank ladder match.
What's Next for Randy Orton, John Cena's WWE Title Future, More
- WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair recently spoke with The Niagara Falls Review to promote his appearance at the Niagara Falls Comic Con this weekend. Flair said he expects his daughter, NXT Women’s Champion Charlotte, to be on WWE’s main roster “real soon.” He commented on her getting into wrestling:
“I didn’t encourage her, she just went to Wrestlemania with me. She was...
From WWE Polls on Daniel Bryan, Gabriel Gets a Black Eye, JBL & Cole
- Justin Gabriel received a black eye in his match with NXT Champion Adrian Neville that aired this week. Below is video of Gabriel talking about the match:
- Below is the latest episode of The JBL & Cole Show:
- WWE’s website has a new poll up asking fans if Daniel Bryan is unable to compete at Money...
Tune in today at 4:00p ET for the live Between The Ropes Flagship show as Brian, Steve and Michael talk about the week in wrestling. They’ll discuss WWE Raw from Monday night which saw the big heel turn from Seth Rollins and joining Evolution, Batista quitting as he goes off to promote his movie, Daniel Bryan healing from surgery, if he will be able to wrestle at Money in the...
- Below is Titus O’Neil’s Fatherhood video:
- You may remember 8 year old Connor Michalek passed away after a battle with leukemia on April 25th. Connor “The Crusher” was a big WWE fan and a friend of Daniel Bryan’s, as seen in the touching tribute WWE released. The CBS affiliate in Pittsburgh has an article about Wyland Elementary School in Pittsburgh honoring Connor...
From Bryan Returning on RAW, Adam Rose Wins Dark Match, RAW Rating
- Adam Rose defeated Damien Sandow in a dark match before tonight’s WWE tapings in Cincinnati. Sandow came out as Pete Rose, as seen below:
- The final rating for Monday’s WWE RAW was a 2.94 rating, up from the previous week’s 2.64 rating. As noted, Monday’s show averaged 4.146 million viewers, also up from...
- Matt Hardy recently appeared on The Roman Show and talked about how the TLC matches in WWE took a toll on his body. Hardy said:
“Whenever human flesh and bone get slammed on steel like ladders or chairs, or tables, all that stuff, TLC’s or cages, the flesh isn’t going to win. Those matches beat you up and take a toll. It is what it is. Professional wrestling isn’t ballet...