Found June 17, 2013 on
- Sheamus def. Damien Sandow, after dishing out three Irish Curse Backbreakers and the Brogue Kick.
- Curtis Axel def. Wade Barrett (c) and The Miz to become the new Intercontinental Champion, after Miz locked Barrett in the Figure Four and Axel capitalized by pinning Barrett’s shoulders.
- AJ Lee def. Kaitlyn (c) to become the new Divas Champion, after Kaitlyn missed the Spear and hit the ring post, and AJ locked on the black Widow.
- Dean Ambrose (c) def. Kane to retain the United States Championship, after hitting a DDT on the outside causing a Count Out.
- Alberto Del Rio def. Dolph Ziggler (c) to become the new World Heavyweight Champion, amidst controversy that Ziggler’s concussion had not cleared. The final blow was a kick to the head.
- CM Punk def. Chris Jericho, with successive GTS’s
- Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns (c) def. Randy Orton & Daniel Bryan to retain the WWE Tag Team Titles, after Rollins hit a double stomp on Bryan’s head.
- John Cena (c) def. Ryback to retain the WWE Championship (Three Stages of Hell Match) – Ryback won the first fall with the Shell Shocked, Cena fired back getting the second fall with an Attitude Adjustment through a table, and sealed the third fall by slamming Ryback right through the Ambulance roof!
Following the bout Ryback refused medical attention.
BEST OF MAXIM
– Brock Lesnar returned to WWE at the end of this week’s RAW broadcast. Lesnar came to the ring following the Alberto Del Rio vs. CM Punk non-title match and Punk stared him down. Brock grabbed a microphone and lifted it up to cut a promo but instead just grabbed Punk and hit an F-5. Lesnar was all grins to end the show.
– WWE Diva Kaitlyn suffered a major wardrobe malfunction...
It would appear that the reported planned Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena WWE championship match at Money in the Bank 2013 will be delayed. A shift in plans will see a new main-event which kicked off with arguable the WWE angle of the year.
- After the WWE Payback pay-per-view event went off the air last night in Chicago, John Cena came back and threw his hands in the air at the top of the stage to a mixed response before heading to the back.- WWE announced at Payback that they would be returning to Chicago for Monday Night RAW on September 23rd. The pre-sale code is RAWTV.The post What Happened After WWE Payback, WWE...
- Speaking to the Charlotte Observer following son Reid Flair’s autopsy results, Ric Flair had the following comments:“I loved him… He should have been on top of the world, but he was fighting a battle he couldn’t win. I hope people remember his laugh, his spirit and his love of life.”- John Cena had the following comments on last night’s lively Chicago crowd:I will say...
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has published a new blog entry on JrsBarBq.com. Here are some highlights.
John Cena vs. Ryback: Until this past Monday’s impassioned promo, I was leaning toward a Ryback victory tonight but today I’m thinking that John Cena retains the WWE Title in the Three Stages of Hell match. This particular match provides me with some amazing memories and gave...
– TNA removed Rob Van Dam’s profile from their website Sunday night after WWE’s announcement that he’d be returning to the company. It appears as if the deal was finalized over the past few days. More on that shortly.
– John Cena threw his hands in the air at the top of the ramp to end the WWE Payback pat-per-view. While doing so, he received a mixed reaction from the Chicago...
In this blog, I am previewing the 2013 WWE Payback PPV, which emanates from the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Ill., on June 14, 2013, this Sunday. It is a new PPV from WWE. It features a Three Stages from Hell Match between John Cena vs Ryback & the return of Chicago's own CM Punk.
– WWE will be presenting a WWE Live Supershow tonight at the US Cellular Coliseum in Bloomington, Illinois. The show is set to start at 7:30PM. WWE Champion John Cena is set to face Ryback in a Last Man Standing Match.
– Eternal Con has announced that Tommy Dreamer and Ashley Massaro will be appearing at the convention today in Garden City, New York.
– The Gazette has an interview...
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
– For those wondering, Daniel Bryan’s injury on RAW was legitimate. He suffered a “stinger” as noted by Michael Cole during the live broadcast. The finish of the match where it was stopped was essentially a “shoot” as Daniel Bryan was scheduled to win the match. The part where D-Bryan “flipped out” and got into a heated...
- The announced attendance for WWE’s Payback pay-per-view was 14,623 from the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois. The event was sold out.
- Seth Rollins tweeted after he and Roman Reigns retained the WWE Tag Team Titles at Payback:
“Was there ever even a question? Always bet on black. We are the emergent leaders and this generation is ours. #payback #believeintheshield”
- Tonight’s WWE RAW takes place from the Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, Michigan with the fallout from last night’s Payback pay-per-view.Confirmed for tonight’s show is the return of Mark Henry, who teased retirement on Twitter last night. Triple H and Vince McMahon are also confirmed to appear on tonight’s show.Regarding CM Punk, he is not being advertised by WWE for tonight’s...