Found November 07, 2012 on
Big-spending former wrestling executive Linda McMahon was pinned again in her bid for a U.S. Senate seat Tuesday, losing on a night when sports and politics met in the same arena.
McMahon, a Republican who once ran World Wrestling Entertainment with blustery and better-known husband Vince McMahon, was beaten by Democrat Chris Murphy. She also lost in 2010 in a bid for the Senate. McMahon spent more than $42 million of her own wealth in the race for retiring independent Sen. Joe Lieberman’s seat.
The day after the Election we can learn a valuable lesson; money can’t buy you a seat in the Senate. You want to talk about a f%cking waste look no further to this disaster. I could have saved the McMahon’s $42 M by telling them no one is going to take you seriously for the Senate. That money could have helped some people. Terrible look.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Credit – F4WOnline
We noted before that Vince McMahon was high on the team of Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow.
Vince is especially a fan of Sandow’s work and it’s said he is open to pushing Sandow even if it means breaking him away from Rhodes.
FOLLOW US on TWITTER at Twitter.com/WrestleChatNet and LIKE US on FACEBOOK using key word "WrestleChat".
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer & Devin Cutting
– Vince McMahon and Triple H left England immediately after Monday’s RAW taping concluded. They did so to be with Linda McMahon as she looks to win a US Senate seat in today’s election.
– WWE returns to the Stockton Arena in Stockton, California on January 19th, 2013 at 7:30 PM. Tickets go on sale November 23rd, 2012...
Linda McMahon, former president and CEO of WWE, failed in her bid for a Senate seat in Connecticut, losing to Democratic Rep. Chris Murphy on Tuesday. This follows her 2010 loss to Richard Blumenthal in the race for the state's other seat in the Senate.
The total cost of losing two elections has ranged from $90 to $97 million, according to estimates. McMahon spent $50 million...
– The Rock, Brock Lesnar and John Cena are the stars featured on the main promotional material for WrestleMania 29.
– Chris Mordetzky, who appeared as Chris Masters for WWE, feels the McMahon family needs to step away from competitive politics after former WWE CEO and President Linda McMahon spent upwards of $100 million on two failed U.S. Senate campaigns.
He tweeted Tuesday...
- Former WWE Superstar John Morrison is featured in today's "Superstar Spotlight" on WWE.com.
- WWE has posted the latest episode of WWE en Espanol, with Carlos Cabrera and Marcelo Rodríguez.
- Chris Mordetzky, who appeared as Chris Masters for WWE, feels the McMahon family needs to step away from competitive politics after former WWE CEO and President Linda McMahon...
– The 11/2 WWE SmackDown on Syfy drew a 1.96 (2.0) cable rating, with 2.88 million viewers. This number is up from the 1.93 rating last week. Viewers were also up from last week which drew 2.82 million.
– While some were wondering if he had returned home to be with his wife Linda, Vince McMahon was at the RAW TV taping in Birmingham, England. At this time, it is not known if...
- A new episode of The Legends of Wrestling premieres this Thursday on WWE Classics On Demand with Jim Ross, Pat Patterson, Michael Hayes and ‘The Road Dogg’ Brian James joining host Gene Okerlund for a no-holds-barred discussion and a special look at “The History Of Monday Night Raw.”
- WWE will hold a live event in Stockton, California on Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 7...
The script for this weeks RAW was “ripped up” on Friday and a new one was written over the weekend. Major changes were made all through the weekend and right up to the start of the taping. Some changes even took place during the taping of the show yesterday. Vince McMahon was actually “shooting” during his segment with Vickie Guerrero as she had no idea what he was going...
- WWE has launched an official Twitter account for 3MB's Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal at @WWE3MB.
- The 2nd edition of the WWE Encyclopedia is officially in stores today.
- Today is Election Day in the United States and we will know for sure if Linda McMahon won the US Senate race for Connecticut or not. The New York Times now predicts that McMahon has an 8...
- WWE’s shop website will be releasing some kind of cardboard mask for CM Punk soon.
- Kevin Sullivan, author of the WWE Encyclopedia, revealed on Twitter that there has only been 16 title changes in WWE this year. That’s the fewest since 1996 when there were just 11 title changes.
- Next week’s WWE RAW from Columbus, Ohio will feature suspended referee Brad Maddox vs. Ryback...