Found October 19, 2012 on Fox Sports:
Richard Petty Motorsports will continue with Ford Racing next season. That's great news for RPM driver Marcos Ambrose, whose "first ever paid appearance was for Ford back in 1996" when the manufacturer debuted the EB Falcon in his homeland of Australia. But his family's relationship dates back nearly four decades through Van Diemen International, which built some of its cars on the Formula Ford chassis. The decision was also a contributing factor for Ambrose continuing his relationship with RPM. The 36-year-old Launceston, Australia native is one step closer to inking his contract extension. "We are all squared away as far as what the expectations are on both sides and it is just a matter of finishing it off at this point," Ambrose said. "I can't see any reason why I wouldn't want to be a part of Richard Petty Motorsports in 2013. There are a lot of good things to look forward to. We have built a great team and have great partners with Ford and Roush with their engine program and also the engineering support. We have the new 2013 Fusion coming out which is really exciting. "I want to be in NASCAR. I want to be around and I want to drive for Richard Petty Motorsports. I am a big supporter of Ford and Richard Petty and the whole RPM team. They had to get their own house in order and I look forward to working with them. I want to be with Richard Petty Motorsports in 2013 and we are all working together to get that done as quickly as we can." Ambrose is in his second season with RPM. He joined the company after it reorganized with new partners Doug Bergeron and Andy Murstein. Ambrose delivered the current organizations first victory 22 races into the season at Watkins Glen. In 2012, Ambrose posted consecutive poles at Michigan and June and won his second Cup race at the Glen. Ambrose barely missed an opportunity to transfer into the Chase for the Sprint Cup this season. Before the Chase began last month, RPM swapped crew chiefs - with Todd Parrott moving to Aric Almirola and Ambrose gaining Mike Ford. Ambrose is currently 18th in the point standings. Ambrose first came to NASCAR as a guest of Ford. In 2006, he started running Ford trucks with Tad Geschickter and began his relationship with the venerable Wood Brothers shortly thereafter. Following two full seasons in the Nationwide Series JTG Racing moved to Toyota when the organization graduated to Cup full-time in 2009. After two seasons with Toyota, Ambrose was thrilled to return to Ford. "I have a lot of reasons to be loyal to the manufacturer," Ambrose said. "They have been fantastic to me and build incredible cars all around the world. I am lucky enough to be representing them on the race track and I want to represent them more, obviously with success. NASCAR is a tough road and has been a challenge for me at times to keep my head above water. I have had a great long-term partnership with Ford both in the U.S. and Australia and I look forward to many more years to come driving for and representing Ford."
THE BACKYARD
BEST OF MAXIM
RELATED ARTICLES

Marcos Ambrose Kansas Media Transcript

Richard Petty Motorsports announced today they have re-signed with Ford to be part of the Ford Racing NASCAR stable for the upcoming 2013 season. Marcos Ambrose, driver of the No. 9 Black & Decker Ford Fusion, is one of two Richard Petty Motorsports drivers competing this weekend at Kansas Speedway and took time to talk about what the re-signing means for the organization, his...

Richard Petty Motorsports and Ford sign deal

Richard Petty Motorsports and Ford Racing will continue their manufacturing partnership though 2013. The announced deal confirms Richard Petty’s comments a few weeks ago that he would field two cars in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. A Nationwide Series team will also run under the RPM banner in 2013 according to the deal.Next season will mark the fourth year that the RPM cars will...

Richard Petty Motorsports staying with Ford

Richard Petty Motorsports and Ford Racing will partner for a fourth consecutive season in 2013. RPM will also continue to lease its cars from Roush Fenway Racing and its engines from Roush Yates Engines. The team said it will continue fielding a Nationwide Series car next season for Michael Annett. No Sprint Cup Series lineup was announced, and RPM says it is still working on its...

Richard Petty Motorsports and Ford Extend Deal

Concord, N.C. – Richard Petty Motorsports (RPM) and Ford Racing announced today they will continue their manufacturer partnership. The announcement ensures that Richard Petty Motorsports’ two NASCAR Sprint Cup race teams and its Nationwide Series race team will race under the Ford Racing banner into 2013. It will be the fourth consecutive season the team has raced with the manufacturer...

RPM staying with Ford a fourth year

Richard Petty Motorsports and Ford Racing will partner for a fourth consecutive season in 2013. RPM will also continue to lease its cars from Roush Fenway Racing and its engines from Roush Yates Engines. The team said it will continue fielding a Nationwide Series car next season for Michael Annett. No Sprint Cup Series lineup was announced, and RPM says it is still working on its...
NASCAR News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.