Found July 21, 2013 on
Carlo Ancelotti dismissed reports that a deal has been agreed between Napoli and Real Madrid for Gonzalo Higuain after the Argentina striker netted in a 6-0 friendly win over Bournemouth.
Ancelloti, managing the Spanish giants for the first time after replacing Jose Mourinho this summer, introduced the forward at the break and he took just two minutes to score Madrid's fourth in an emphatic victory at Dean Court.
And the Italian confirmed he wants the forward - who has been closely linked with both Arsenal and Chelsea as well as Napoli - to stay and that until he hears otherwise he will be treating Higuain as one of his first-team squad.
"Not true, I don't have any news about this," he said at the press conference when asked to confirm whether a deal had been agreed with the Italian club. "I think that now we have to speak about Higuain as a Real Madrid player. He is a fantastic player and a fantastic striker who took one minute to score tonight. I spoke to him this week. He is a Real Madrid player and until we have news we have to consider him as a Real Madrid player and I would like him to stay with us. He is very important to us and nothing else - it is not my business to judge the price of a player."
Cristiano Ronaldo netted the first two goals of his new manager's reign and predictably talk soon turned to the importance of a player so revered on these shores from his time at Manchester United.
Ancelotti explained how he sees his number seven as the most important player at the club amid rumors this week that a new deal is on the way for the Portugal international.
"I think Ronaldo is the most important player in this team because he is the player with the best quality," he said. "I think we will help him every time to do his best because if he does that every time we have a great opportunity for this season. His future is at Real Madrid, there is no question about this."
The Cherries started strongly and more than held their own for the first 20 minutes but after Ronaldo's double Sami Khedira scored on the stroke of half-time.
Higuain's early second-half strike was added to by Angel Di Maria and then Casemiro as a capacity crowd enjoyed a rare chance to see some of the world's best players at Dean Court.
But despite the quality of the opponents Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe revealed his dressing room was still an unhappy one at the final whistle.
"The feeling after was disappointment," he said. "No one wants to get beaten and no one wants to lose. It is a horrible feeling no matter who you lose to. We are not downhearted but we are disappointed. From our perspective we knew it was going to very difficult and we didn't want to change anything too much so we could test our players with our style of football.
"For the first 20/25 minutes we took the game to them until the first goal, it was a great experience for our lads. The club has been through so much in recent years - these are good days for the club. Hopefully everyone enjoyed today and enjoys this year as it is not often the club has played at this level. It is not every day you get to see Ronaldo at Dean Court."
BEST OF MAXIM
Arsenal Transfer Round Up: Gunners set to beaten to the signing of Gonzalo Higuain - originally posted on Soccerlens.comGonzalo Higuain is back again at the centre of a transfer battle and it seems like there is still no solution as to where the Argentine will ply his trade next season. Arsenal, despite genuinely interested in him are unwilling to meet the asking price of Real Madrid...
Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain has stalled on a move to Napoli - in the hope Arsenal come back in.
Higuain asked for 48 hours to think over whether to join Napoli after Rafa Benitez's new club had a £30million bid accepted for the Argentine World Cup star.
It is believed Higuain would still prefer moving to Arsenal but his potential switch to the Emirates went cold after...
Isco: What Ancelotti’s system holds for the Golden boy of Europe? - originally posted on Soccerlens.comOne of the major questions this season regarding Real Madrid is – how Francisco Roman Alarcon Suarez aka Isco will fit into the system of Carlo Ancelotti? While, no one harbors any doubt whatsoever about the 21-year-old’s talent, as he is indeed the golden boy of Europe,...
Spanish giants Real are prepared to offer Liverpool £20million plus Argie striker Gonzalo Higuain for Luis Suarez.
Arsene Wenger’s Gunners have been chasing both Suarez and Higuain but could now lose out on their transfer targets.
Arsenal were confident of landing Liverpool’s sought-after front man for £40million.
This was despite having a £35m offer rejected and Kop boss...
The Italian coach says the Portuguese star is fundamental to the club going forward and attacker Gonzalo Higuain still has a part to play at the Santiago Bernabeu
Carlo Ancelotti has insisted Cristiano Ronaldo remains an integral part of Real Madrid going forward and says Gonzalo Higuain is a "fantastic" player.
The Italian coach, who took charge of Madrid for the first...
Spanish heavyweights Real Madrid are believed to be plotting a move for Juventus’ veteran midfielder Andrea Pirlo as Carlo Ancelotti’s crusade to bolster Los Blancos’ midfield continues.
The plan to augment Real Madrid’s force in the middle of the pitch has been a mission for Ancelotti ever since he took over the role, firm in his belief that the club’s midfield depth...
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti has denied reports that Cristiano Ronaldo could leave the club this summer.
Ronaldo, 28, has two years left on his Madrid contract and Real would have to cash in this year if they were not to lose him for a cut-price fee in 12 months' time.
He has been strongly linked with a return to Manchester United, as well as big-spending Paris Saint-Germain...
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti has refused to be drawn on speculation linking him with an approach for Tottenham Hotspur forward Gareth Bale.
Reports claiming that the Wales international could soon be heading to Spain refuse to go away, with transfer rumors sparked at the start of the summer.
Real have not shied away from the fact that they are always interested in bringing...
Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti expects Cristiano Ronaldo to sign a new contract, despite reports linking him with a move away from the Bernabeu this summer.
The Portuguese has been the subject of speculation about a possible return to former club Manchester United , while Paris St Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has publicly stated his interest in the forward.
Manchester City eyeing up Real Madrid defender Pepe - originally posted on Soccerlens.com
Portuguese international defender Pepe has been attracting interest from Premier League runners-up Manchester City. The Sky Blues are said to be preparing a potential £25M bid to procure his signature.
Real Madrid may consider selling the centre-back as manager Carlo Ancelotti can’t promise...