By the Numbers: 11 Reasons to Watch ESPNU on 11-11-11
- The first College Basketball Live of the 2011-12 season airs at 6:30 p.m.
- Two coaches with 1,802 wins between the pair and a combined 78 years of coaching experience reflect on it all with Rece Davis in A Conversation with Legends: Coach K and Bob Knight airing at 4:30 p.m.
- ESPN’s voice of the NBA, Mike Breen, will be doing college basketball play-by-play for the first time this season on ESPNU. The first of Breen’s 3 Duke home games alongside Doris Burke tips-off with Belmont at Duke on ESPNU at 9 p.m.
- The Home Court for College Hoops, ESPNU will air four live studio shows surrounding all of the 11-11-11 basketball action, including a two-hour Basketball Signing Day Special beginning at 1 p.m.
- Columbia men’s basketball had a 5-9 record playing away games last year. Dave O’Brien and Bill Raftery will let you know where the team’s first away game stat falls when Columbia travels to No. 4 Connecticut, airing on ESPNU at 7 p.m.
- Capping off a week of six conference preview shows – Pac-12, BIG EAST, ACC, SEC, Big Ten and Big 12 – The Experts give their national input with the Men’s College Basketball Preview Show at 3 p.m.
- Duke men’s basketball has been listed in the top 10 of the last 75 Associated Press polls, most recently clinching No. 7 in the preseason poll. The Blue Devils’ first regular-season game, against Belmont, airs on ESPNU at 9 p.m. Should the Blue Devils win, Coach K will be one win shy of tying Knight’s career record.
- In addition to the games on ESPNU, the network will include highlights during SportsCenterU of eight teams featured exclusively on ESPN3 on 11-11-11: Northern Illinois at Purdue, Loyola (Maryland) at Wake Forest and Oral Roberts at West Virginia.
- Connecticut is currently the home of nine NCAA National Championship banners between the men’s and women’s basketball programs. Watch the third men’s banner rise to the UConn rafters prior to the BIG EAST evening matchup during College Basketball Live at 6:30 p.m.
- Krzyzewski – 10 total letters, 70% of his name is made up of consonants, strikingly close to his current 76% wins to loss record. Two wins away from tying Knight for men’s basketball career wins, ESPNU airs Coach K Record Climb Preview at 6 p.m.
- More than 11 hours of football programming on 11-11-11 including an afternoon block of studio programming with College Football Live at 4 p.m., ESPNU Film Room at 5 p.m. and 1st and Ten at 5:30 p.m.
To continue reading, click on the read more button below if you're on the home page.
ESPNU Programing Highlights on 11-11-11:
College Basketball Signing Day Special
The Experts: Men’s College Basketball Preview
Coach K and Bob Knight: A Conversation with Legends
Film Room (college football)
Coach K’s Record Climb Preview
College Basketball Live
Big East: Columbia at No. 4 Connecticut
Dave O’Brien and Bill Raftery
ACC: Belmont at No. 7 Duke
Mike Breen and Doris Burke
The 24-hour college sports television network airs more than 650 live events annually and offers over 600 original studio shows. ESPNU has seen a steady increase since its inception on March 4, 2005 and is now in over 73 million households. The brand is also available in high definition on ESPNUHD, now in over 20 million homes. The network has long-term carriage agreements with all 10 of the top multichannel TV providers – Cablevision, Charter, Comcast, Cox, DirecTV (Channel 208), DISH Network (Channel 141), Mediacom, Time Warner Cable, Verizon FiOS TV and AT&T U-verse.
All Sports News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News||NBA News||NHL News|
Today's Best Stuff