Found July 09, 2012 on
- According to the Wrestling Observer WWE want to use charismatic UFC star Chael Sonnen in some role in the future. The 35 year old, whose mic work has been likened to that of pro wrestling, lost to Anderson Silva at Saturday’s UFC 148. He is close friends with CM Punk and Steve Austin.
- Providing she passes WWE’s physical exams, respected female Indy wrestler Sara Del Rey is headed to the company. She will first report to FCW.
- It is believed that former WWF Champion Bob Backlund will be this week’s legend to confront Heath Slater on Raw.
- CM Punk made the following Tweet after Sunday’s TNA PPV:
“I didn’t see it, but congrats to @AustinAries @SamoaJoe and @ZemaTNA Looks like somebody finally gets it. Kudos.”
BEST OF MAXIM
Eleven fighters, highlighted by main eventer Chael Sonnen, have received medical suspensions after UFC 148. Sonnen was defeated by UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva via second-round TKO. He is suspended until August 7th, with no contact until July 29th due to a nasal laceration.
The other remaining fighters medically suspended include: Forrest Griffin, Cung Le, Patrick...
After two years of unprecedented hoopla, the rematch between middleweight king Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen is officially a thing of the past.
After manhandling Silva for nearly five complete rounds in their initial shootout, Sonnen was abruptly submitted with only 110 ticks remaining on the clock. Although tonight’s fight wasn’t nearly as dramatic, the result was the...
Sara Del Rey has reportedly been offered a developmental deal with WWE. Del Rey is reportedly undergoing her pre-signing medical testing.
Del Rey and Courtney Rush lost the SHIMMER Tag Team Titles this weekend at NCW Femmes Fatales IX in Montreal to the Canadian Ninjas.
Main Card on Pay-Per-View Weight Class vs. Method Round Time Notes Middleweight Anderson Silva (c) vs Chael Sonnen Note 1 Light Heavyweight Forrest Griffin vs Tito Ortiz Middleweight Cung Le vs Patrick Côté Welterweight Dong Hyun Kim vs Demian Maia Featherweight Chad Mendes vs Cody McKenzie Bantamweight Ivan Menjivar vs Mike Easton Preliminary Card on FX [...]
- We’ve noted before that WWE offered top women’s wrestler Sara Del Rey a developmental deal. She was waiting on medical testing to come back but the feeling is that she will pass just fine.There’s speculation among some in WWE that Del Rey may be hired to help train the WWE Divas but that’s not confirmed yet. Either way, Del Rey joining the company is seen as a major move...
Jim Ross is back with another blog, here are some highlights.
Rumors of Chael Sonnen to WWE: “I see Sonnen, the admitted pro wrestling fan, sticking with UFC. I believe that Chael is a star, an attraction and UFC isn’t overloaded with marketable star power at the moment. No company that hangs their hats on PPV revenue is over loaded with star power as these special athletes/performers...
Not that many needed convincing, but Anderson Silva is the best fighter in the world.
There was a little bit of doubt in the minds of some due to Silva’s performance against Chael Sonnen at UFC 117, but on Saturday at UFC 148, Silva removed all doubt.
Silva stopped Sonnen at 1:55 into the second round with a barrage of strikes that Sonnen couldn’t respond to, as he defended his...
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights:
- I'm guessing that John Cena and Dolph Ziggler win their respective MITB bouts this Sunday on PPV. No wagering please.
- I'd love to see some of WWE's younger talents have break through performances this Sunday on PPV. Like in main stream sports, I believe in throwing someone...
- A commercial aired during RAW that hyped the interactive features coming to the show, beginning with the 1,000th episode on July 23rd. The commercial promoted WWE’s Facebook page, Twitter account, YouTube channels and stated “One of the most widespread social networks in the universe rises to a whole new level.” Fans will be able to “help create Raw” and will be encouraged...
UFC 148 marked the first of what should be many "International Fight Week" celebrations in Vegas during the 4th of July holiday week. The weigh-in itself saw over 10,000 fans show up, a record that should hold up for a very long time. The hype leading up to the event featuring what was dubbed as the greatest rematch of all time, however, could not have been measured on...