Found March 06, 2013 on
Ring Side News:
- Here are more reactions from wrestling stars on Twitter about the death of Paul Bearer:
Ezekiel Jackson: "#RIPPaulBearer didn't get to spend much time with him but the one day at lunch in Calgary will go in my book if I ever wrote one. #Godspeed"
Ricardo Rodriguez: "You always spoke very highly of me and I can not thank you enough for that! That you! #RIPPaulBearer"
Justin Roberts: "Very sad night. RIP Paul Bearer, a man I grew up watching on tv and was lucky enough to have later on, as a friend."
Ted DiBiase Jr: "Losing one of our own @WWE feels like losing a family member. Thank you for the memories Paul! God Bless #RIPPaulBearer"
Bret Hart: "Goodbye to a good friend, Paul Bearer. Say hi to Owen for me."
Tara: "I am deeply saddened to hear that Paul Bearer has passed away. He will be deeply missed. May he rest In peace"
Michelle McCool: "#RIPPaulBearer ....you always made me smile. Great entertainer, eve...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
- PWInsider reports that William Moody (Paul Bearer) had openly told several people that he hadn’t been feeling well for some time now. He recently pulled himself off of some of his regular bookings next month, citing not feeling well.
Bearer’s last tweets were on March 2nd. He reportedly passed away around 5pm PST this evening. He would have been 59 next month.
According to WZROnline.com (WZR Radio) sources, William “Paul Bearer” Moody was openly telling people over the last few weeks that he hadn’t been feeling well. Moody recently pulled himself from several indy bookings and told promoters he hadn’t been feeling well.
As Matt Boone and I (Ryan Clark) noted on Tuesday night’s live edition of WZR Radio, Bearer sent out his last...
- WWE announced tragic news this evening:
Paul Bearer passes
WWE is saddened to learn of the passing of William Moody, aka Paul Bearer. Moody made his WWE debut in 1991 as the manager of The Undertaker and went on to become a memorable part of WWE over the course of the next 20 years.
Our deepest condolences go out to Moody’s family, friends and fans.
- Embedded below is a video WWE posted paying tribute to the late William “Paul Bearer” Moody.
- Bret Hart recently conducted a Q&A session with his fans on Facebook. Here are some highlights of the session.
His thoughts of TNA: “4/10″
A classic match that he would love to see as a rematch: “The Rock vs. John Cena”
Hardest part about being a pro wrestler: “The...
THE SHOW BEGINS AT 8:30EST!! YOU'LL HEAR MUSIC FROM 8:15EST UNTIL THE LIVE SHOW STARTS AT 8:30EST!!! STAY TUNED AND HIT THE PLAY BUTTON AT 8EST!!!
***IF THE STREAM DOESN'T PLAY AUTOMATICALLY, HIT THE MUTE BUTTON AND THEN UNMUTE IT! IT'LL WORK THEN!!***Watch live video from wzrradio123 on www.justin.tv
***IF THE STREAM DOESN'T PLAY AUTOMATICALLY, HIT THE MUTE...
A fan on Twitter asked Hulk Hogan about Bret Hart's recent comments about him.
"feel bad for Brett he sends out the old, bitter, tired vibe,hopefully he will have a happy life from this point forward HH", replied Hogan.
As noted earlier in an interview with Wrestletalk UK, Bret Hart referred to Hogan and Eric Bischoff as "useless" and felt the company would...
(source feed provided no summary content for this entry)
As we unfortunately had to break on Tuesday night's WZR Radio, William "Paul Bearer" Moody has passed away. We're told he passed away around 5PM EST after being hospitalized over the past several days. Here are some tweets from numerous talents in the wrestling industry:
Adam Pearce: You were a Hall of Famer, a legend, a mentor. Most importantly, you were my...
Dr. Tom Prichard published a blog on the death of William “Paul Bearer” Moody’s his website. Here is an excerpt.
“And now he’s gone. I have to admit I heard about Percy’s death Wednesday morning when my wife woke me up telling me it was all over Facebook. I couldn’t believe it. There’s no way! He’s too important to too many people. This can’t be happening! All...
-- WWE has posted an interview where Michael Hayes, discussing the death of Paul Bearer. You can check that out at this link
-- The LaCrosse Tribune has an article up, discussing a local dancer working with Fandango at Saturday's SmackDown house show in LaCrosse, WI. You can read that here.
-- Justin Roberts noted on his Twitter account that he was doing voiceovers for...
Stephanie McMahon was representing WWE at a gathering yesterday for the Sandy Hook Relief Fund, which provides assistance to the first responders, workers, and teachers of the tragedy. Apparently WWE made a large donation to the fund. Here are some photos:
- Here is the final round of Twitter reactions from the wrestling world on the passing of William “Paul Bearer” Moody:
Kevin Nash: “R.I.P my friend,you will never be replaced.Not to late to add to the HOF”
Kofi Kingston: “Very saddened to hear about the passing of Paul Bearer. What a good dude. Condolences to his family.”
Wade Barrett: “RIP Paul Bearer. A legendary...
- Below is a preview for RF Video’s next shoot interview with Ric Flair:
- Stephanie McMahon was representing WWE at a gathering yesterday for the Sandy Hook Relief Fund, which provides assistance to the first responders, workers, and teachers of the tragedy. Apparently WWE made a large donation to the fund. Here are some photos:
- As noted earlier, Bret “Hit Man” Hart: The Dungeon Collection is now available on Blu-Ray and DVD. Embedded below is a promo video for the collection.
- The Bankers Life Fieldhouse arena official website is advertising The Undertaker for this Monday’s episode of Raw. Their website reads, “For the first time in over 3 years see The Undertaker in Indianapolis!”