Found January 21, 2013 on
JBL apologizes for saying Dudleys aren’t successful singles stars:
WWE SmackDown announcer JBL took to Facebook to apologize for saying the Dudley Boys never made it as singles stars. Bully Ray is obviously one of the top stars in TNA.
“Anytime you do a ton of tv every week you are bound to make mistakes,” writes JBL.
I made one this past week on Smackdown and tried to correct it on air but wasn’t able to get it done sufficiently, so I want to apologize to my good friends the Dudleys openly-and to all you twitter police so you can get out of Momma’s basement and enjoy the weekend.
“I was trying to make the point that a lot of tag teams never make it, or try to make it, as singles wrestlers and listed the Killer Bees, LOD and Dudley’s (and I think Hart Foundation). Sometimes on air you try to go somewhere entertaining and you get caught and try to correct it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.
“I realized as soon as I said it that both the Dudley’s and Hart Foundation had become huge singles stars-I was thinking about my time in WWE where Dudley’s had been mainly just a tag team-and one of greatest of all time in what I think was greatest era of tag teams in history when you had Edge/Christian, NAO, DX, Dudley’s, APA, LOD, Hardy’s and more all at the same time.
“Bubba and Devon have been good friends for a long time and I have the utmost respect and love for them, if I had made the mistake on someone else-I would just chalk it up to live TV and not worry about it. But, these guys are good friends and with the Twitter police loving to correct me I thought I would just make it public and explain how it happened.
“What I hate more than anything is this becoming an issue and taking away from great work in the ring, as my job is to do my best to tell stories about talent in an attempt to help them get over.
“Believe me, it won’t be the last time I make a mistake, I fire stuff out rapidly sometimes with references I don’t plan on making as a way to try and be entertaining and react to the events in front of me.
“However, the Dudley’s first day with the APA Bubba hit me so hard with a 2×4 that I owed him a receipt anyway!!!”
Rey Mysterio with Travis Barker:
Recently returned WWE star Rey Mysterio was snapped backstage with drummer Travis Barker of Blink 182 fame…
“Back stage @ Staples B4 the match with the homie Travis!”
Jeff Hardy interview highlights:
TNA World Champion Jeff Hardy recently spoke with Wrestling101.com about a number of topics. Here are some highlights…
Which wrestlers inspired his early wrestling persona:
“More than anybody I would have to say Sting and Ultimate Warrior combined with Sting’s charisma and the Ultimate Warrior’s insanity, those two combined just pretty much inspired me back in the day to paint my face and act strange, so I would have to put down a lot of what you see in Jeff Hardy today down to those two.”
Working with Edge, Christian and the Dudley Boyz in Tables, Ladders, and Chairs matches:
“They are legendary matches, I had a ladder match against Austin Aries at one of our recent PPV’s Turning Point which was huge. But before going into that match I actually watched some of those TLC matches and the ladder matches that I’ve had with The Undertaker, Edge and CM Punk.
“Whilst watching them back I was just thinking, “oh my god these are so memorable,” we have done so much it is kind of hard to stay creative, fresh and new.
“But anytime I go back and watch those TLC matches I always think how magical they were to be a part of and they always will be, fans will talk about those matches for decades to come.”
Expectations for himself in 2013:
“Hopefully to remain the world champion for as long as I can, even before the start of 2012 I set a goal for myself just to have a tremendous year and it went well beyond my expectations. I’m setting another goal for myself for 2013 and that is at Bound for Glory I want to perform a song from my bands album live on the PPV and hopefully I can achieve that.”
Similarities and differences between Vince McMahon and Dixie Carter:
“I love Vince McMahon, I don’t have anything bad to say about him, we get along, we have had our ups and downs but he was a great boss. With Dixie it is more about family, like my daughter actually knows her kids and it is much more family like here in TNA and that is kind of what I like.
“Naturally the schedule is a lot more laid back so whenever I can have more time with my family that is crazy important. I think Dixie is a lot more personal whereas Vince is more professional.”
Working with CM Punk:
“It was great working with CM Punk, we have different beliefs in terms of our outlook on life but he is so talented it’s crazy, we had many great matches together and it was a pleasure to work with him.”
Although TNA have officially announced that Hardy is being pulled from the UK tour due to injury, as we noted last week it’s believed that he’d have a tough time entering the country due to his past drug convictions. His replacement is Sting.
Linda Hogan DUI:
Linda Hogan was recently charged with two counts of DUI and driving without a valid license.
The Hulkster’s former wife was originally arrested in Malibu in October. At the time she said she had only sucked down one glass of champagne at a jewelry event that night … on an empty stomach … but she also had taken antibiotics, which exacerbated the effects of the alcohol.
Linda faces up to 18 months in jail, but it’s unlikely she’ll do time.
BEST OF MAXIM
- Embedded in the video below, Hulk Hogan talks about TNA looking for new talent & the British Boot Camp.
- TNA posted a small sign explaining Jeff Hardy had been replaced by Sting at last night’s Dublin, Ireland event. TNA did not make any announcement at the live event regarding Hardy.
Jeff Hardy recently spoke with Wrestling101.com about his expectations for himself in the coming year, working with CM Punk and more. Check out the highlights:
On which wrestlers inspired his early wrestling persona: “More than anybody I would have to say Sting and Ultimate Warrior combined with Sting’s charisma and the Ultimate Warrior’s insanity, those two combined just pretty...
– At last night’s TNA show in Dublin, Ireland, there was a small sign explaining that Jeff Hardy had been replaced by Sting due to injury. There was no live announcement made.
– After several months of not releasing DVDs, TNA has released DVDs of Hardcore Justice, Bound for Glory and No Surrender 2012 PPVs. You can find them here.
– Corey Graves, Sasha Banks and Davina Rose...
Hulk Hogan's ex-wife Linda is facing jail time after being charged with a DUI stemming from her October 2012 arrest.
TMZ published an article noting that the Los Angeles County District Attorney has charged Linda Bollea with two counts of DUI and one count of driving on a suspended license.
Linda could face up to 18 months in jail, although it's unlikely she'll receive...
TNA announced that Sting will replace Jeff Hardy on the UK Tour, writing on their Facebook page, “TNA regrets to inform our fans in the U.K. and Ireland that Jeff Hardy will not be on the Road To Lockdown Tour, due to an injury sustained on the TNA Impact Wrestling show on January 18.
However we are delighted to announce that ‘The Icon’ Sting will be replacing Jeff at the TNA...
Source: The Wrestling Observer
Even though WWE Monday Night RAW was in San Jose, California last night, Rey Mysterio was not at the show. Mysterio tweeted that he was headed home to watch RAW with his kids after taking a yoga class. Mysterio worked Friday night’s WWE live event, but is still not considered to be back with WWE full time.
Despite reports claiming that Mysterio will...
Speaking to Wrestling101.com, TNA World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Hardy discussed his expectations for 2013, working with Vince McMahon and Dixie Carter, his on-screen feud with CM Punk and more. Highlights from the interview are as follows:
Which wrestlers inspired his early wrestling persona: “More than anybody I would have to say Sting and Ultimate Warrior combined with Sting’s...
- Embedded in the video below, Hulk Hogan talks about TNA looking for new talent & the British Boot Camp.
- TNA posted a small sign explaining Jeff Hardy had been replaced by Sting at last night's Dublin, Ireland event. TNA did not make any announcement at the live event regarding Hardy.
Christy Hemme In a VERY REVEALING Outfit
At last night’s TNA show in Dublin, Ireland, there was a small sign explaining that Jeff Hardy had been replaced by Sting due to injury.
There was no live announcement made.
– TNA has confirmed via Facebook that TNA Champion Jeff Hardy was pulled from the tour of the UK. The company claims it was an injury (and there will be an angle to explain it on the January 24 episode of iMPACT! Wrestling) but it’s actually because Hardy can’t travel due to his legal problems. He has a felony on his record and that prevents him from traveling overseas at the...
- Santino Marella announced on Twitter that his daughter won the Miss Teen Canada World pageant in Toronto, Canada over the weekend. Here is a photo of Bianca:
- Rey Mysterio was not backstage at last night’s RAW in San Jose. The word within WWE is that he is not considered “back” yet and may not work the Royal Rumble after all. Rey tweeted last night that he was going home...
- Jim Ross confirmed reports of Orlando being a destination for WWE’s physical Hall of Fame building. Ross was asked about a Hall of Fame building and museum on Twitter and replied:
“My guess is yes. Orlando a likely site. All TBD.”
- Travis Barker was backstage at last night’s WWE live event in Los Angeles. Here he is with Rey Mysterio:
- Rey Mysterio returned to action...
Credit: James Caldwell and PWTorch.com
First Hour Break Down (1.07 average)
Q1: Impact opened with one of their best Q1 ratings in the new timeslot, scoring a 1.16 rating for the immediate Genesis PPV fall-out, wedding show introduction, Jeff Hardy cutting a promo, and set-up for the opening match.
Q2: Once people got a taste of the show, Impact dipped sharply to a show-low 1.02...
During an interview with the Fighting Spirit Magazine, former WWE Superstar Edge revealed some of his favorite tag team partners other than Christian.
“I really enjoyed working with Rey Mysterio when we were up against Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit, and The Guerreros,” Copeland said. “The tag team with Randy Orton and myself was another one that I loved being a part of. I also...
- There was talk again recently of putting Rosa Mendes with World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio. Rosa has been tweeting and touting health and nutrition tips on the Road to WrestleMania. She's calling it her "Musclemania."
- Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara are expected to be in the 30-man Royal Rumble match this year.
- It was recently reported via PWInsider that...