Back into NCAA action for University of Louisville baseball. Tucson region.
- First game Friday at 7 p.m. against New Mexico State, a team that lost 11 of its last 16 games before winning the Western Athletic Conference tournament, enters NCAA competition with 35-22 record.
- U of L will start right-hander Justin Amlung with an 8-4 record and a 2.36 earned run average. New Mexico State is expected to go with right-hander Ryan Beck with a 5-6 mark and a 4.22 ERA.
- New Mexico State is lead by catcher Zac Fisher, a third team All-American, who batted 363, six home runs and drove in 58 runs.
- If U of L wins the first game, it will play the winner of game two on Saturday, at 11 p.m. However, if the Cards lose their first game, they will take on the loser of game two on Saturday at 7 p.m.
- The games on Friday and Saturday are scheduled to air on ESPNU and online at ESPN3.com. Sunday’s games in will only air on the Internet at ESPN3.com.
Expectations in check because this team never does what is expected.