The college football season is seven weeks old and this is our very first Iowa Hawkeyes arrest report inspection. Either BC is slacking or Hawkeye Nation needs to step up its drunken ways. This school is routinely one of the best for arrest reports. Take this weekend when one guy, Jared Dee Johnston, of Des Moines, told cops they were “f@cking crazy” when trying to kick him out of Kinnick Stadium for being drunk.
Via the Cedar Rapids Gazette:
UI police issued the following number of citations:
- PAULA Citations: 13
- Public Urination Citations: 2
- Open Container in Public Citations: 56
- Public Consumption of Liquor: 0
18 people were transported to the Johnson County Jail. The following individuals were arrested during football game day operations:
- Dirks, Kylie Jo, 24 of Marion, IA for Public Intox at Lot 65 at 1240 hours. Dirks was staggering down the sidewalk & fell on the ground. Dirks blew .231 PBT.
- Hardy, Brenden Edward Darel, 21 of Iowa City for Public Intox at Kinnick at 1704 hours. Hardy was using the statue to support himself. Hardy would not leave when he was informed he was not going to be allowed into Kinnick. Hardy had slurred speech & smelled heavily of alcohol. Hardy blew .238 PBT.
- Young, Gregory Thomas, 44 of Cedar Rapids, IA for Public Intox at Evashevski/Melrose at 1823 hours. Young was passed out by a bus. Young admitted drinking way too much. Young refused PBT.
- Cox, Joel Robert, 32 of Urbandale, IA for Public Intox at Kinnick at 1807 hours. Cox was observed giving money to a security guard at Gate C to get into the stadium. Cox had slurred speech, bloodshot, watery eyes & admitted drinking. Cox refused PBT.
- Johnston, Jared Dee, 30 of Des Moines, IA for Public Intox & Interference w/official acts at Kinnick at 1752 hours. Officer observed Johnston almost fall when entering Kinnick. Officers told him he needed to leave. Johnston told officers they were ********** crazy” while talking to officers Johnston tried to flee. Johnston refused PBT.
All this for a mid-October game against Northwestern. The Hawkeyes were victorious, 41-31, and those who were too drunk to get in missed a wild finish in which the home team scored 24 4th quarter points. Oh well, not like they’d be awake to see it anyway.
Have a Cuff ‘Em we need to know about and publish? Know of a great mug shot that is BC worthy? Email us.
Filed under: Cuff 'Em