Found July 31, 2013 on
Ring Side News:
Though Vince McMahon's television character is portrayed as having a strong distaste for Daniel Bryan, in reality, Vince thinks quite highly of the wrestler.
In response to a rumor on the F4WOnline.com message board concerning McMahon's relationship with Bryan, Dave Meltzer revealed how the organization head perceives the wrestling standout. McMahon legitimately believes he taught Bryan "how to be a star," according to Meltzer.
"Vince believes he took a guy who was very good technically but had no personality and taught him how to be a star," wrote Meltzer. "If anything, he believes he was more right than anyone on him."
BEST OF MAXIM
As noted earlier, WWE released its 2013 second quarter financial results earlier this morning. The organization reported revenues totaling $152.3 million compared to $141.6 million in the same quarter last year. Operating income declined to $8.8 million compared to 19.6 million in the prior year quarter. Vince McMahon commented on the companies’ investments in a press release:...
The idea of Steve Austin returning to the WWE ring at WrestleMania 30 is hardly a new rumor yet the story has taken a very interesting turn. While you are hoping to see Austin vs. CM Punk, Vince McMahon appears to be on a completely different page regarding Austin’s match.
- Embedded in the video below is the 1994 SummerSlam pay-per-view event in 60 seconds.
- Embedded in the video below is footage of Ryback reacting to “Goldberg” chants at the live WWE Raw event in Perth, Australia.
- Vince McMahon commented on the current overseas tours, writing on his Twitter, “WWE Superstars in Australia, South Africa, and China this week. We get around.”
What’s the Haps for July 29th? Johnny Manziel is a Twitter boss AND gets the Taiwanese Animation treatment, a People’s Elbow TD celebration, all the movie references in the first five seasons of The Simpsons, and more. The Links - Stacy Keibler in Negotiations With WWE to Return, Possibly as Daniel Bryan’s Manager …and as The post The Haps – 7/29: Johnny Manziel is a Twitter...
Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a look back at Daniel Bryan and John Cena from last week. We see highlights from the Gauntlet Match.
- We go to the ring and out comes Vince McMahon as Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW. Behind Vince is RAW General Manager Brad Maddox.
Vince gives the mic to Maddox and he apologizes for his boneheaded decision to let John Cena choose his SummerSlam opponent...
- As noted, the taped WWE RAW on July 29th did a 2.86 cable rating with 3.77 million viewers.In the segment breakdown, the show opened at a 2.87 quarter rating for the segment with Vince McMahon, Brad Maddox and Daniel Bryan. The Shield vs. Mark Henry and The Usos lost a whopping 409,000 viewers. Ryback’s catering segment and a vignette for The Wyatt Family gained 167,000 viewers...
Vince McMahon and Brad Maddox open Raw. Maddox apologizes for allowing John Cena to choose his opponent for Summerslam. Daniel Bryan interrupts. Dbry accuses Vince of not being a fan of his or giving him an ounce of respect. Vince tells Dbry that he can’t beat John Cena and Cena knows that. Vince says he doesn’t want John Cena OR Daniel Bryan to be WWE Champion and that both...
- As noted, the taped WWE RAW on July 29th did a 2.86 cable rating with 3.77 million viewers.
In the segment breakdown, the show opened at a 2.87 quarter rating for the segment with Vince McMahon, Brad Maddox and Daniel Bryan. The Shield vs. Mark Henry and The Usos lost a whopping 409,000 viewers. Ryback’s catering segment and a vignette for The Wyatt Family gained 167,000 viewers...
- Naomi, Jack Swagger, Titus O’Neil, Lilian Garcia, Kaitlyn, Justin Gabriel, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Tensai, Brodus Clay and others are going diving with sharks today over in South Africa. Titus tweeted this photo of the group:
- Bray Wyatt tweeted after attacking Kane on last night’s RAW:
“Question authority. Question everything. Allow yourself to be vulnerable, for you...
- Daniel Bryan confronted Vince McMahon in the ring for not having faith in him. McMahon said he doesn’t want Bryan champion and doesn’t particularly appreciate John Cena either. He said the “ruthless aggression” has been lost in WWE.
- The Shield def. Mark Henry & The Usos, when Ambrose hit the Bulldog Driver on Jimmy Uso.
- Rob Van Dam def. Fandango via Count-out, when...