Found November 08, 2012 on
Ring Side News:
- It should be noted that a lot of the advances for WWE's current UK tour have been the lowest since anyone can remember. The Wrestling Observer reports that there are seven arenas that are considered "sister" arenas booked for this week and not one is sold out. Some are only about half-way sold out. Some tickets prices are being slashed for the rest of the tour.
- The WWE Classics "Five-Star Match of the Week" for this week was chosen by Wade Barrett. He picked Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog from SummerSlam 92. Barrett commented:
"[The Bulldog] was from just down the road from me, near Wigan. I'm from Preston, very close. He was my idol as a kid, so this was a great moment and great to have a pay-per-view like SummerSlam in the U.K. I hope we get that again one day."
- WWE Champion CM Punk told fans on Twitter to stop talking about Linda McMahon's failed Senate bid as it relates to the WWE PG era. Punk tweeted:
"Enough about the PG era and Linda. Nothing to do with one another. Stop living in the last. Eyes front, one foot in front of the other..."
How Will WWE Change Since Linda Lost?, Must See New Trish Workout Pics and More
BEST OF MAXIM
Former WWE Board member Lowell P. Weicker spoke with The Associated Press, discussing the Linda McMahon campaign. Here is what he had to say…
“I think she was a terrible candidate. I think she was totally unqualified to even be running for the Senate. And I think her campaign was sleazy and negative. I think in the end, people got sick and tired of McMahon’s attack ads, and...
– The Rock, Brock Lesnar and John Cena are the stars featured on the main promotional material for WrestleMania 29.
– Chris Mordetzky, who appeared as Chris Masters for WWE, feels the McMahon family needs to step away from competitive politics after former WWE CEO and President Linda McMahon spent upwards of $100 million on two failed U.S. Senate campaigns.
He tweeted Tuesday...
Linda McMahon, former president and CEO of WWE, failed in her bid for a Senate seat in Connecticut, losing to Democratic Rep. Chris Murphy on Tuesday. This follows her 2010 loss to Richard Blumenthal in the race for the state's other seat in the Senate.
The total cost of losing two elections has ranged from $90 to $97 million, according to estimates. McMahon spent $50 million...
In an interview with Bloomberg Businessweek, Linda McMahon discussed when she realized that she lost the race.“I was sitting by myself, actually. I had just taken a moment to go upstairs and get my thoughts together on what I was still hoping would be a victory speech. I was just sitting there, going over my speech—clearly you have a concession speech as well, but you’re hoping...
- Former WWE Superstar John Morrison is featured in today's "Superstar Spotlight" on WWE.com.
- WWE has posted the latest episode of WWE en Espanol, with Carlos Cabrera and Marcelo Rodríguez.
- Chris Mordetzky, who appeared as Chris Masters for WWE, feels the McMahon family needs to step away from competitive politics after former WWE CEO and President Linda McMahon...
- Below is footage of Wade Barrett speaking to the crowd after last night’s RAW in England:
- To hype tonight’s Super SmackDown on SyFy, WWE’s website is doing an angle where Big Show attacked Sheamus in a pub last night after RAW. William Regal, who was out having a pint with Sheamus, tried to break the fight up.
Big Plans Revealed for the World Title + Busty New Layla Candids!
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer & Devin Cutting
– Vince McMahon and Triple H left England immediately after Monday’s RAW taping concluded. They did so to be with Linda McMahon as she looks to win a US Senate seat in today’s election.
– WWE returns to the Stockton Arena in Stockton, California on January 19th, 2013 at 7:30 PM. Tickets go on sale November 23rd, 2012...
- Wade Barrett was asked on Twitter why he wraps his knuckles. He replied:
"I wrap my fists, but my knuckles are always bare. Wrapping my fists compacts the metacarpal bones in my hand, which leads to a harder punching surface and a reduced risk of injury."
- The local wrestler who Jack Swagger defeated before Tuesday's WWE TV tapings in Birmingham was Dutch wrestler...
This week’s show begins with the opening theme and crowd shots from Birmingham, England as Michael Cole welcomes us to the show with The Miz on color. This week, Sheamus faces Wade Barrett.
-Big Show’s music hits and he comes down as we check out the footage from the pub fight. Show joins commentary. Wade Barrett’s music hits as he makes his way to the ring for his match. Cole...
- Mick Foley appears on Imus in the Morning Thursday to promote his new holiday children's book, "A Most Mizerable Christmas," The show is syndicated on radio, and also airs on the Fox Business Network from 6:00 a.m. to 9:20 a.m.
- WWE has released online the Wade Barrett video package that aired on Wednesday's episode of WWE Main Event.
- AXS.com is currently...