Found October 11, 2013 on
Ring Side News:
- The segment after last night's tapings ended saw Christian host The Peep Show with World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio, who talked about how he will beat John Cena at Hell In a Cell. This led to Alexander Rusev coming out. Del Rio said he could beat both Christian and Rusev, and tried to get a cheap shot in on Christian. Del Rio escaped the ring but Ricardo Rodriguez ran out and threw him back to the ring where Rusev was. Rusev laid Del Rio out to end the segment but not before he also knocked out Ricardo.
- The dark match before last night's WWE NXT tapings at Full Sail University saw Slate Randall defeat Yoshi Tatsu.
- The commentary teams for last night's NXT tapings were:
* Episode 1: Tensai, Tom Philips and Alex Riley
* Episodes 2 & 3: William Regal and Renee Young
* Episode 4: Tensai and William Regal
NXT Plans for Two Popular Stars, Hot Action Shots of Emma & Charlotte, More
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
WWE Friday Night Smackdown airs tonight on SyFy starting at 8 p.m. ET. The show was taped on Tuesday from the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio. We posted the spoilers from the show earlier in the week. If you didn’t read the spoilers, here is what will be on the show tonight.
- Vickie Guerrero promo
- Curtis Axel vs R-Truth for the Intercontinental Title
- Los Matadores vs Los...
At last night’s WWE SmackDown tapings in Columbus, the dark match was a 20-man battle royal with the winner earning a shot at Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship. The final four were all three members of The Wyatt Family and Titus O’Neil. Harper and Rowan both eliminated themselves and Bray eliminated Titus to ear a shot at Del Rio.
Wyatt defeated Alberto...
– Although scheduled to face Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship, Christian has been pulled from the weekend live events in Providence and Philadelphia. His replacement is The Great Khali for both matches. Incidentally, Christian has also been pulled from the upcoming WWE tour of Mexico.– Although RVD has clarified his WWE status, it isn’t stopping fans questioning...
- As noted before, Christian was scheduled to return from a concussion at this weekend’s WWE live events in matches against Alberto Del Rio.
WWE has since pulled Christian from those events. Del Rio will now defend the World Heavyweight Title against The Great Khali.
Christian is still advertised for the upcoming tour of Mexico and tonight’s WWE NXT tapings from Full Sail University...
- While promoting WWE’s Risa Above Cancer campaign, John Cena spoke to Showbiz Tonight about returning from his injury sooner then expected:
“October 27th, I know I’m ready, I’ve had a wonderful surgeon, I’ve had a wonderful physical therapy crew. I’ve been really diligent and really on track to get back early. I feel great, the doctors are happy with everything… I’m...
- WWE’s website published a playlist of John Cena talking about the Rise Above Cancer campaign on national TV yesterday.
- The pre-sale password for WWE’s December 26th show at Madison Square Garden is WWESOCIAL. The pre-sale is going on now. Names advertised for the show include John Cena, Big Show, Alberto Del Rio and The Shield.
- On behalf of WWE and NBC Universal, R-Truth...
- WWE NXT posted a Tout video of Mojo Rawley reacting to his NXT TV debut this past week:
- Lilian Garcia recorded two studio sessions with her new band on Friday. They will be released soon. Here’s a photo from the sessions:
- As noted, Christian was pulled from weekend WWE live events where he was scheduled to wrestle Alberto Del Rio. Christian told fans at Thursday’s NXT...
Though initially pegged to be sidelined for as many as six months due to a triceps tear, John Cena will return to the ring after only two months on October 27 at Hell in a Cell to challenge Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship. WWE.com spoke to the 11-time WWE Champion and two-time World Heavyweight Champion about his injury, how it feels to watch Raw at home, and...
- WWE NXT Diva Lana made her TV debut at last night’s tapings, scouting Alexander Rusev and eventually becoming his manager. Here is a photo of Lana, courtesy of Diva-Dirt.com:
- There was talk of keeping John Cena off WWE TV until the Hell In a Cell pay-per-view but with the low RAW ratings, he will likely be brought back this Monday to hype the World Heavyweight Title match...
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
– Apparently there were already plans in the works to bring back both Shawn Michaels and John Cena to WWE television prior to the Battleground pay-per-view situation. As noted in a report a few weeks ago, it leaked out during a radio interview that HBK was scheduled to return to WWE television. Additionally, Cena was in talks with the company...
Brian, Michael and Steve talk about John Cena’s return following his triceps surgery, where he could be used, Triple’s H involvement in storylines, who the number two babyface is behind Cena, issues with Smackdown, Michael Hayes being suspended and more.
Follow Between The Ropes on Facebook and Twitter.
The post Video: John Cena Return, Triple H, Michael Hayes – October...
In case you missed Battleground or Raw, we take a look back at what Big Show did on Sunday and what Stephanie McMahon did to Big Show on Monday. Then we see what happened to Triple H at the end of the night.We are in Columbus, Ohio and your announcers are John Layfield and Michael Cole.Vickie Guerrero comes to the ring and we see Alberto Del Rio doing his best to suck up to Vickie...
Triple H and Stephanie McMahon are on my TV all the time now. I honestly do not have much of a problem with this; mostly due to the nature of WWE’s top storyline. The fact is that the Authority’s presence on WWE programming is very necessary right now.
WWE announced that CM Punk will face Ryback in a rematch at Hell in a Cell. Here is the updated card for the event:
* WWE Championship: Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton - Hell in a Cell Match
* World Heavyweight Championship: John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio
* CM Punk vs. Ryback
WWE Hell in a Cell takes place on Sunday, October 27th, 2013. As always, we will be providing live play-by-play coverage.