Found April 23, 2013 on
Credit: Matt of Aylesbury & Pwtorch.com
- After Raw finished taping, there was no speech from Cena, no dark match or anything, just Justin Roberts thanking us for coming and the Fandango music playing us out.
- The place was pretty much packed out. Iâve never been to a Raw taping before, as we normally go to Smackdown, so Iâve never seen it this busy inside. At Smackdown we normally queue for about ten minutes once inside. But, tonight, we spent well over an hour trying to get into the main arena.
- The crowd was HOT. From where I was sat, it seemed like a really good crowd that showed JBL a lot of love, and Regal got a huge ovation, but I think The Undertaker probably got the biggest reaction of the night. The only time the crowd annoyed me was during the Ziggler-Jericho match. It was a great match, but the crowd were still into amusing themselves, showing the match very little respect and eventually started the dreaded, âWE ARE AWESOMEâ chant. Aside from that, though, the crow...
BEST OF MAXIM
According to WWE.com, John Cena will defend the WWE Title against Ryback at the May 19th Extreme Rules PPV.
Here is the WWE.com article:
John Cena persevered through a nearly 18-month title drought before reclaiming the WWE Championship at WrestleMania, but if Ryback has his way, Cenaâs 11th WWE Title reign will come to a quick and unceremonious end at Extreme Rules.
Thanks to Ranjit Chahal for his help with some of the following newsbits:
â DX is replacing John Cena at a couple of upcoming live events. The company is doing that to satisfy fans who were hoping to see the WWE Heavyweight Champion in action. Shawn Michaels revealed that he will not be replacing him in the ring, however. The Heartbreak Kid is simply accompanying the New Age Outlaws...
WWE announced John Cena will defend the WWE Championship against Ryback at the Extreme Rules pay-per-view event.
The only other match announced for the event will include Dolph Ziggler defending the World Heavyweight Championship in a triple threat match against Jack Swagger and Alberto Del Rio.
WWE Extreme Rules 2013 will take place Sunday, May 19, 2013 from the Scottrade Center...
The Rock just finished up a three-run return to WrestleMania with a loss to John Cena at Met Life Stadium. An injury kept The Rock away from Monday Night RAW and a new interview with Dwayne Johnson reveals that it may have been last match in a WWE ring.
The Rock recently spoke with New York City radio host Peter Rosenberg while promoting his new TV show Hero. Here are the highlightsâŚ
Is He Done Wrestling?: âPossibly, to be honest with you. This is exclusive sâ right here (laughs),â Johnson said about whether facing John Cena at WrestleMania 29 was his last match. âPossibly. You know, the goal three years ago was â I...
- As noted earlier, The Rock underwent abdominal surgery on Monday after sustaining injuries from his match with John Cena at WrestleMania 29. Johnsonâs rep confirmed that because of the surgery, Rock was forced to miss the Los Angeles premiere of his new film, Pain and Gain.
Director Michael Bay also commented on the surgery and offered the Rock some advice from the red carpet...
â John Cena turns 36 years old today.
â Late pro wrestling legend Terry Gordy was born on this date in 1961. He died on July 16, 2001 of a heart attack caused by a blood clot at the age of 40.
â WWE Hall of Famer Tony Atlas turns 69 years old today.
â There are no pro wrestling shows listed for ESPN Classic tonight.
â Daniel Bryan posted the following on Twitter, noting...
As noted earlier, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson underwent abdominal surgery Monday after sustaining injuries from his match with John Cena at WrestleMania 29.
Johnson's rep confirmed that because of the surgery, The Rock was forced to miss the Los Angeles premiere of his new film, Pain and Gain which is scheduled for release this Friday.
Michael Bay also commented on...
As we reported earlier today, The Rock had surgery to correct the abdominal injuries he suffered during his WrestleMania 29 match against John Cena. Â Due to the surgery, The Rock missed the Los Angeles premiere of his newest film âPain & Gainâ. Â Apparently the decision to skip the premiere to take care of some pro wrestling injuries doesnât sit well with âPain &...
- Jake "The Snake" Roberts continues to mention wanting to be a surprise entrant in the 2014 WWE Royal Rumble. Here he is talking to Bill Apter:
- WWE Champion John Cena turns 36 years old today. #HappyBirthdayJohnCena was trending on Twitter late last night.
- This week's WWE SmackDown tapings will take place this afternoon from the O2 Arena in London, England....
â Chris Jericho posted the following on Twitter about spending time with John CenaâŚ
Great time reminiscing with @JohnCena tonight. A true friend and very respectful of this business. Much respect! #alaska #chile #mexico
â Seth Rollins posted the following on Twitter about the showâŚ
. @TheShieldWWEâs European Infiltration Tour: Day 5 (Part 3/Finale) #RAW We owned the night...
- Triple H was interviewed by Jeff Wilen of the Daytona Beach News-Journal. You can check out footage from the interview below.
- With the SmackDown crew in London, England for this afternoonâs SmackDown, Saturday Morning Slam and Main Event TV tapings, the Raw brand is in Nottingham, England for a live event at the Nottingham Capital FM Arena. WWE Superstars advertised for the...