Found May 21, 2013 on
After his Last Man Standing Match with Ryback at Extreme Rules Sunday, WWE Champion John Cena went against doctors’ orders and decided not to go to the hospital. On Tuesday, WWE.com spoke with WWE physician Dr. Michael Sampson to get an update on The Champ’s condition.
“He’s surprisingly doing well,” Sampson stated. “He does have multiple contusions and is pretty banged up from that match, but he is actually doing better than anticipated.”
As for a recovery timeline, Sampson described it as “day by day,” adding that he does not anticipate any problems that would hinder the process.
Check back with WWE.com for any future medical updates on the WWE Champion as they become available.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
John Cena apparently refused medical treatment on Sunday night after WWE’s Extreme Rules pay-per-view went off the air.
For those who missed the WWE Extreme Rules post-show last night, John Cena refused a trip to the hospital and got up off the stretcher before it was loaded into the ambulance. Cena tore his neck brace off and walked off with the help of a trainer.
WWE is promising medical updates on Cena, Ryback, Triple H and others on tonight’s RAW.
- WWE’s website has posted a storyline update on Triple H after Monday’s RAW. Dr. Michael Sampson noted that they advised Triple H he shouldn’t wrestle after Extreme Rules because of head and jaw trauma he suffered. Sampson says after further evaluation, Triple H is still exhibiting some post-concussion symptoms and he’ll be out of action until WWE’s medical staff can do...
Credit – F4WOnline
At Sunday’s pay-per-view, Vince McMahon was being very secretive, to even the WWE producers, about where he wanted to go with the Ryback and John Cena angle.
It appears Brock Lesnar has been written off WWE TV for the time being. Paul Heyman noted on RAW last night that Lesnar has fulfilled his obligations to WWE. Lesnar is expected to be back in time for SummerSlam.
Just to recap some news coming out of RAW this week …………
* John Cena vs. Ryback in an Ambulance Match for the WWE title will headline WWE’s Payback pay-per-view on Sunday, June 16th, 2013. This is a rematch from Extreme Rules … just with a different stipulation.
* Wade Barrett will face Sin Cara on this week’s WWE Main Event broadcast. The show will be taped tonight...
WWE Extreme Rules 2013 will be remembered for some of the strangest booking in recent memory. If you watched the show and are still wondering how a guy who walked away from a Last Man Standing Match isn't the new champion, you aren't alone.
- Below is footage from after last night’s WWE Extreme Rules pay-per-view of Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose touting their victories:
- WWE Hall of Famer Terry Funk has joined Twitter and can be followed at @RealTerryFunk.
- Zack Ryder tweeted the following to John Cena, indicating that he wasn’t at last night’s Extreme Rules pay-per-view:
“Hey @JohnCena. I heard...
- The following is now confirmed for Monday’s RAW from Calgary:* A Triple H update* John Cena will return to confront Ryback* Chris Jericho’s The Highlight Reel with Paul Heyman and Curtis Axel- WWE recently signed two developmental Divas who are from the professional bodybuilding world and compete in major bikini contests.Christina Vargas is a 28 year old, 5 foot tall and 180...
- Terry Funk has joined Twitter and can be followed at @RealTerryFunk.
- Brian "Road Dogg" James turns 44 years old today.
- Zack Ryder sent the following tweet to John Cena earlier today:
"Hey @JohnCena. I heard what happened last night at #ExtremeRules. I hope you're ok bro."
- Today marks two years since the unfortunate death of wrestling legend "...
Pro Wrestling Radio returns with an all-new live show! Eric and Luke discuss a variety of topics including WWE Extreme Rules, Super John Cena and his push, Dixie Carter's recent statements, remembering Macho Man Randy Savage and much more in this 62 minute episode!