There was a report out that had the Chiefs very interested in acquiring Nick Foles from the Philadlephia Eagles. Before I go any further I will highlight the basics.
- The Chiefs have not offered any type of deal for Nick Foles.
- The Chiefs have not confirmed any reported interest in Nick Foles.
- The Eagles have not stated they are willing to trade Nick Foles.
- No one has made an offer to the Eagles for the services of Nick Foles.
- Andy Reid and Doug Pederson are very impressed with the young slinger.
- A 4-12 roster doesn't have many players one would consider untouchable.
- Nick Foles doesn't fit the Eagles planned scheme.
Now I know for some of you the idea of playing GM is a difficult concept unless you are drafting Safeties far too early in the first round, but for the rest of you I will lay out a few scenarios and I wonder which would you choose as the best option if you were In Howie Roseman's shoes.
Andy Reid and the Chief give a ring about a week before the combine asking about the availability of Nick Foles. He offers you a few scenarios of what they would be willing to give in order to take him off your hands. Here are your options.
1) After a little haggling back and forth the Chiefs are willing to give a 3rd round pick for Foles.
2) The Chiefs are willing to give up their 2nd if the Eagles are willing to give up Foles and their 5 th.
3) the Chiefs are willing to give up their number one pick for Foles, the Eagles current umber 1, 4th and a 4th in 2014
4) The Chiefs are willing to give a 4th this season with a conditional draft pick the next season. Depending on how well Foles plays the pick will be no lower than a 4th, but could be elevated to a first depending on certain performance based conditions met by Nick Foles and the Chiefs.
Of course your final option could be to just keep Foles. What would you do in Howie Roseman's shoes?