Found August 19, 2013 on Sports Brothers Report:
Vitali_klitschko_v_b092
By Sam C. CoulterWith the news that WBC world heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko has pulled out of his mandatory defense against Canadian Bermane Stiverne several questions need to be answered.Vitali has not fought since September of 2012 when he defeated Manuel Charr in Moscow. Since this fight there have been many suggestions that Vitali is looking to retire and concentrate on his political career with some Klitschko hinting that he may run for presidency of Ukraine in 2015.There have also now been suggestions that we will not see Vitali box again following this hand injury as it is likely to keep him out for the rest of 2013. Vitali himself says that he will be looking to return to the ring following his injury in 2014.Quite rightly in my opinion Stiverne is annoyed and frustrated with the stance of the WBC for whom he has now won 2 elimination bouts to fight for the title without actually getting the shot. Many believe that due to the long delay in Klitschko defending his tit...
THE BACKYARD
BEST OF MAXIM
RELATED ARTICLES

The WBC won’t make Vitali Klitschko fight until the spring

WBC President Jose Sulaiman told RingTV.com on Friday that “Dr. Iron Fist” Vitali Klitschko will have until March 2014 to defend the WBC heavyweight championship against mandatory challenger Bermane Stiverne. The 42-year-old Klitschko (45-2, 41 KOs) announced earlier this week that he will be unable to compete in 2013 due to a right hand injury. Klitschko last exited the squared...
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.