• Clemson and UTEP face off for the fifth time on Thursday, but the first time since the 1982-83 season. UTEP holds a 3-1 advantage over Clemson, with all four games occurring between 1963-83 in El Paso.
• Clemson is making its sixth appearance in a regular season tournament in Honolulu. The Tigers were 8-4 in four appearances in the former Rainbow Classic and 2-0 in the 1986-87 Hawaii Pacific Tournament. This is Clemson's first appearance in the Diamond Head Classic.
• The Tigers also played in the Maui Invitational in 1998. Clemson went 2-1 in that event under then coach Larry Shyatt, including a 79-45 victory over Kansas State, also a participant in this year's Diamond Head Classic.
• The Tigers have won 25 regular season tournaments over the years, including as recently as 2008 when Clemson won the inaugural Charleston Classic.
• Clemson has a 16-15 record against the other six schools in the event and has played every team except Southern Illinois. The Tigers are 11-14 vs. Auburn, 2-0 vs. Long Beach State, 1-0 vs. Hawaii, 1-0 vs. Xavier, and 1-1 vs. Kansas State.
• In November, it was announced that Clemson would be part of another ESPN-sponsored tournament in 2012 - the Old Spice Classic in Orlando, FL.
HONOLULU - With time to sleep in and hopefully adjust to the five-hour time difference, the Tiger men's basketball team experienced its first full day in Hawaii on Wednesday. After a wake-up call and breakfast at 9:45 AM, the team headed out for practice at the University of Hawaii-Manoa at 12:15 PM.
The Tigers worked for an hour in Hawaii's practice gym before making the short walk over to the Stan Sheriff Center for a light workout. ESPN's announcing crews took in the Tigers' 45-minute practice, including tomorrow's team of Roxy Bernstein (play-by-play) and Doug Gottlieb (color).
It's a busy time not only at the Stan Sheriff Center, but also at the University of Hawaii athletic complexes in general. On Saturday, the city of Honolulu will play host to Nevada and Southern Miss in the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl. Nevada worked out at Hawaii's practice fields Wednesday at the same time the Tigers went through their practices. Southern Miss' team is stationed at the Sheraton Waikiki, Clemson's headquarters.
Clemson went through plenty of prep work on its opponent for Thursday, UTEP. The Tigers and Miners will go at it early tomorrow, with a 9:30 AM tipoff time locally. This will be the fifth meeting in history between the two schools. It won't be the earliest tip in school history, however. Clemson faced Chaminade in the 1998 Maui Invitational at 9 AM.
Tanner Smith scored 10 of his game-high 26 points in overtime to lead Clemson to an 83-75 win over Southern Illinois in a consolation semifinal of the Diamond Head Classic Friday.
Rod Hall scored 18 points, Devin Booker scored 16 and Andre Young had 11 points for Clemson (7-6). The Tigers made all 15 of their free throws in overtime. Smith's three-point play with 1:59 left in...
Tanner Smith scored a career-high 26 points and freshman Rod Hall converted a three-point play with 3.8 seconds left in the second half
to send Friday’s second-round game in the Diamond Head Classic into overtime, where the Tigers eventually claimed an 83-75 victory over
Tanner Smith scored a career-high 26 points and freshman RodHall converted a three-point play with 3.8 seconds left in the second halfto send Friday's second-round game in the Diamond Head Classic intoovertime, where the Tigers eventually claimed an 83-75 victory overSouthern Illinois. The win improved Clemson to 7-5 on the season, anddropped the Salukis to 3-7 overall.
Dec 22, 2:30 PM | Stan Sheriff Center
Texas El Paso Miners vs Clemson Tigers Odds
The college hoops wagering menu features a clash between Clemson and Texas El Paso on Thursday, with the host Tigers trying to win and cover the NCAAB point spread.
The game is being played at Stan Sheriff Center, which makes it technically a neutral site match.
Clemson tight end Dwayne Allen has been named a consensus All-American by the NCAA. Allen was a first-team selection by the Football Writers of America and the Associated Press and was the recipient of the John Mackey Award. Allen was the only tight end to make first-team on two of the five All-America teams recognized by the NCAA (AP, Football Writers, Football Coaches, Sporting...
Dec 23, 3:00 PM | Stan Sheriff Center
Southern Illinois Salukis vs Clemson Tigers Odds
The Clemson Tigers will hit the floor running against the visiting Southern Illinois Salukis Friday, looking to improve their record and boost wagering bankrolls in the process.
The game is being played at Stan Sheriff Center, which makes it technically a neutral site...
Landon Walker lined up at the bank of the moat adjacent to the practice fields Wednesday afternoon and took a big deep breath. Then he jumped in. When he came out the other side a few minutes later, the Clemson offensive tackle was covered in black mud that he dug up from the bottom of the moat during his swim.
HONOLULU (AP) -- Tanner Smith scored 10 of his game-high 26 points in overtime to lead Clemson to an 83-75 win over Southern Illinois in a consolation semifinal of the Diamond Head Classic Friday.
Rod Hall scored 18 points, Devin Booker scored 16 and Andre Young had 11 points for Clemson (7-6). The Tigers made all 15 of their free throws in overtime. Smith's three-point play...
Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.