Follow Aaron on Twitter @Aaron_Torres.
There was no bigger, or sadder story line to come out of college basketball’s ‘Rivalry Week’ than an injury to Kentucky superstar Nerlens Noel on Tuesday night . Noel hurt his knee against Florida and on Wednesday it was revealed that the future NBA superstar will miss the remainder of the year with a torn ACL.
To listen to the podcast on this website, click the green box above
To download the podcast straight from iTunes, please click here
To subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, please click here
To listen to the podcast on your iPhone or Android please click here
By sheer happenstance, my good friend Matt Jones of Kentucky Sports Radio was set to join me on my podcast even before the injury, and on Wednesday he was nice enough to hop on even as the news was breaking to discuss it all.
Trust me when I say that no one, anywhere has a better gauge on all things Kentucky sports, and Matt and I talked about a number of subjects, including Noel, the future of the 2013 Wildcats and exciting times for the football program. We started by discussing:
- What was the reaction by the fan-base at the news that Noel would be out for the year? As Matt explains, Kentucky fans showed incredible support for Noel, not just as a basketball player, but as a beloved member of the ‘Kentucky family’ as well.
- Where do the 2013 ‘Cats go from here? Matt believes that the talent is there to make the NCAA tournament, but do they have the toughness to win enough games as well?
- In the same token, what is wrong with this team exactly? Matt explains that each player has a slightly different problem, and that as a team, they have yet to play one game all season where everyone played up to their potential.
- Switching gears to the Kentucky football program, Matt explains the dynamics which have led to so much excitement around Mark Stoops’ hire. As Matt explains, Stoops not only wanted the job, but sought it out and viewed it as a place that he could win big, since long before he actually arrived.
- After a big recruiting season, Matt discusses what the Wildcats need to do on the field to keep the momentum going. Is there a win-total that will get fans excited? Or just a certain attitude the team has to play with?
- Finally Matt wraps up by discussing his new role with the Tennis Chanel, learning the French language and Lexington’s best bar... Rafferty’s.
Folks if you’re looking for insight on all things sports, there is no better person to touch base with than Matt Jones of Kentucky Sports Radio. No one knows more about the Wildcats’ football and basketball programs than Matt does, and I’m so glad to finally have had him on the show. If you’re a Kentucky fan or just a sports fan in general, this is a show you can’t afford to miss.
This is a podcast you simply won’t want to miss.
And you won’t have to , since to access the show, you can always download it straight from iTunes by clicking here or by searching for the “Aaron Torres Sports Podcast.” You can also subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast by clicking here.
Also for updates on the show, my writing and much more, be sure to follow on Twitter @Aaron_Torres and Facebook. And for weekly updates on all my podcasts, articles, giveaways and more you can now sign up for the Aaron Torres Sports weekly newsletter, just by entering your e-mail where it says “Aaron Torres Sports Mailing List” or e-mail at ATorres00@gmail.com.
And finally, for those of you who don't already know, I have released an eBook! It's called "Aaron Torres Presents the Year in Sports 2012," and it is a compilations of my best articles and columns from the 2012 year. You can pick up your copy at Amazon.com or by clicking here, and it makes a great gift for the sports fan in your life!
Finally I want to thank Matt for his time, and encourage you to follow him on Twitter @KYSportsRadio. And of course, I want to thank you for taking the time to listen to the show.
Until next time…