Robert Griffin III featured on cover of NCAA Football 13
Baylor quarterback and the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III has been named the cover athlete for NCAA Football 13 by EA Sports. Griffin will appear on the cover for the top college football video game along with another former Heisman Trophy winner, which will be determined by a fan vote.
Starting March 12 EA Sports will launch a Facebook page to vote for the second cover athlete, which will be between legendary players including University of Southern California running back Marcus Allen, former Boston College quarterback Doug Flutie, former Ohio State University running back Eddie George, former The University of Michigan wide receiver Desmond Howard, former Oklahoma State University running back Barry Sanders, former University of Georgia running back Herschel Walker, former Florida State University quarterback Charlie Ward and former University of Houston quarterback Andre Ware.
Of the legendary players up for consideration in the fan vote only Desmond Howard (NCAA Football 06) has previously appeared on the cover of a game in the franchise. If Howard is voted to the cover by the fans, he would become the first player to appear on two separate covers in franchise history.
Former Alabama running back and Heisman Trophy winning running back Mark Ingram was voted to the cover of NCAA Football 12 last year in a fan vote.
NCAA Football 12 is scheduled for a July 10 release.
For a look at past cover athletes and a video of Griffin III making the announcement, continue reading past the jump.
Previous NCAA Football Cover Athletes
- NCAA Football 12 – Mark Ingram, Alabama
- NCAA Football 11 – Tim Tebow, Florida
- NCAA Football 10 – Brian Orakpo, Texas (PlayStation 2); Brian Johnson, Utah (PlayStation 3); Mark Sanchez, USC (PSP), Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech (Xbox 360)
- NCAA Football 09 – DeSean Jackson, Cal (PlayStation 2); Matt Ryan, Boston College (PlayStation 3); Owen Schmitt, West Virginia (PSP); Sparty (mascot), Michigan State (Wii); Darren McFadden, Arkansas (Xbox 360)
- NCAA Football 08 – Jared Zabransky, Boise State
- NCAA Football 07 – Reggie Bush, USC
- NCAA Football 06 - Desmond Howard, Michigan
- NCAA Football 2005 – Larry Fitzgerald, Pittsburgh
- NCAA Football 2004 – Carson Palmer, USC
- NCAA Football 2003 – Joey Harrington, Oregon
- NCAA Football 2002 – Chris Weinke, Florida State
- NCAA Football 2001 – Shaun Alexander, Alabama
- NCAA Football 2000 – Ricky Williams, Texas
- NCAA Football 99 – Charles Woodson, Michigan
- NCAA Football 98 – Danny Wuerffel, Florida
- College Football USA 97 – Tommie Frazier, Nebraska
Video of Griffin III making the announcement on The Dan Patrick Show…
We will have continuing coverage of the development and more on NCAA Football 13 leading up to the release when possible.
Follow me on Twitter @KevinOnCFB and Like No 2-Minute Warning on Facebook.
College Football News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News||NBA News||NHL News|
Today's Best Stuff