It’s been an odd first two weeks for Nittany Lions in the NFL.
To this point, there has been virtually no offense produced by Penn Staters. Evan Royster seems to be down to third-string and Michael Robinson can only do so much as a fullback.
Even on the defensive side of the ball, a normally pass-rush heavy group has vastly underachieved. Granted, it’s still only week 2 so things are bound to change eventually.
What would a website about the NFL be without ridiculous overreaction with miniscule sample sizes, though?
That being said, not all is bad in the world of PSU-NFLers, so without further ado…
See how all of the Nittany Lions did in week 2 after the jump!Quarterbacks
- Pat Devlin, Dolphins — Inactive (Third QB)
- Michael Robinson, Seahawks — 2 rushes for 6 yards
- Evan Royster, Redskins — 1 rush for 6 yards, 2 receptions for 7 yards
- Jordan Norwood, Browns — Inactive (Coach’s decision)
- Dennis Landolt, Jets
- Rich Ohrnberger, Cardinals
- Stefen Wisniewski, Raiders
- Chris Baker, Redskins — Inactive (Ankle)
- Jack Crawford, Raiders — Inactive (Coach’s decision)
- Jared Odrick, Dolphins — 1 tackle
- Devon Still, Bengals — No stats recorded
- Cameron Wake, Dolphins – 1 tackle
- Navorro Bowman, 49ers — 8 tackles, 1 pass defended
- Dan Connor, Cowboys — 4 tackles
- Sean Lee, Cowboys — 14 tackles
- Aaron Maybin, Jets — No stats recorded
- Paul Posluszny, Jaguars — 9 tackles
- Tamba Hali, Chiefs — 4 tackles
- Josh Hull, Rams — No stats recorded
- Bryan Scott, Bills — 1 tackle, 1 fumble recovered
- Tim Shaw, Titans — 1 tackle
- Justin King, Colts — No stats recorded
- Robbie Gould, Bears — 1/1 FGs (45 yards); 1/1 XPs
- Stephfon Green, RB, Lions
- Phil Taylor, DT, Browns — PUP
- Andrew Quarless, TE, Packers — PUP
- Johnnie Troutman, OG, Chargers — Reserve/Non-football injury
- Levi Brown, LT, Cardinals — IR
- Brett Brackett, TE, Jaguars – IR
- History sure does like to repeat itself. One of the headlines in my week 2 recap from last season was “Lee Takes NFL Tackles Lead.” Well, take a guess at what Sean Lee did this week! This time around, Lee has 26 in two weeks which is 3 more than second place Daryl Washington of the Cardinals. NaVorro Bowman is also in the top-10 with 19 tackles to date.
- This week wasn’t all good & dandy for Lee, though. Here’s a video of him getting jacked up by Golden Tate of the Seahawks. Yes, you read that right; wide receiver Golden Tate. In defense of Lee’s dignity, I suppose when you take cheap shots of helpless defenders anyone can take out anyone.
- Bryan Scott found his way into the middle of a key turnover for the second week in a row. This time, Scott recovered a goal-line fumble (here’s the video) as the Chiefs were on the 1-yard-line seconds before halftime about to score. Had they scored, the game would have been in-reach for KC going into halftime. Luckily for the Bills, they had Scott and were able to continue a blowout.
- The curious case of the Washington backfield continued this week. Once again, rookie Alfred Morris got the bulk of the carries for the Redskins and performed well in the spotlight. When the game was coming down to the wire, however, Evan Royster was the man with RGIII in the backfield. In fact, all of Royster’s stats were recorded in the final 10 minutes of the game. This likely speaks to the coaching staff’s confidence in Royster as a pass-blocker since the team was clearly in pass-mode trying to mount a late comeback.
- Mind-blowing stat of the week: Penn State players have recorded 0 sacks this season. That goose egg comes from a pool including Tamba Hali, Cameron Wake, Sean Lee, Paul Posluszny, and — dare I say it — Aaron Maybin.
- Players with more tackles than Aaron Maybin this season: Joique Bell, Stephen Gostkowski, anyone with more than 0.
For more great articles, check out PSU in the NFL.
College Football News
Delivered to your inbox
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News|
Today's Best Stuff
Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.
What is Yardbarker?