Found October 10, 2012 on
CJ Sports NFL Talk:
HT: 6-1 WT: 185
YR: SR Pos: CB
- 2011 Semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe Award
- 2011 – 8 TFL, 3 Sacks, 3 FF, 9 PBU, 5 Ints
- 2012 Preseason 1st Team All-American (Athlon) & 2nd Team All-American (Phil-Steele)
- 32 Career Starts before the start of 2012
- Good height and length for a corner
- Great footwork, very smooth and quick coming out of breaks
- Comfortable in most coverages, although he may have problems in press man in the NFL
- Knows how to use his hands effectively in coverage
- A knack for making plays on the ball when he is being thrown at
- Good pad level and knee bend when transitioning out of breaks
BEST OF MAXIM
Tyre'oune Holmes is a name that most people in south Mississippi know well. Better known as T-Man, Holmes has led the Chiefs into contention for a 4A state title. Holmes had been in touch with Mississippi State for several months and today he got the phone call he had been waiting for. The Bulldogs offered a scholarship and Holmes quickly accepted.
Mississippi State rotated receivers freely through the first four games. Though alternates and backups didn’t make a lot of September catches they did get snaps. So has something shifted in October? Because at Kentucky not only did starters stay for most of the action, some subs played briefly or not at all.
DeAndre Woods committed to Mississippi State during the Bulldogs' summer camp sessions. Woods later elected to back off of that decision and continue the recruiting process. With his team now in the hunt for a potential state championship, the talented pass catcher is content to focus his energies on Clay-Chalkville football for now.
Mississippi State and Oklahoma State ended two months of speculation today by confirming the programs will participate in the Texas Kick Off Classic next season. The SEC Bulldogs and Big XII Cowboys will meet on August 31 in Houston’s Reliant Stadium on opening weekend of the 2013 college football schedule.
Dezmin Reed is gaining momentum. The senior running back has earned an SEC look from Mississippi State, along with a Big Ten look from MInnesota. Reed plans to visit Mississippi State on Saturday.
Enclosed are the stats and info from Mississippi State's Tuesday baseball scrimmage. The next scrimmage is Thursday, starting at 4:15 pm.
Enclosed are the stats and info from Mississippi State's Thursday baseball scrimmage. The next scrimmage is Saturday, starting at 2:15 pm.
In this four-part FOXSportsNEXT video interview Mississippi State men's head basketball coach Rick Ray talks to the media, October 10, 2012.