Many thanks to workhorse Nats beat writer Adam Kilgore for most of these, and Mark Zuckerman for the rest:
1. The Nats tied their largest margin of victory “since baseball returned to Washington” (12).
2. The Nats now have MLB’s best run differential (108) to go along with MLB’s best record (72-44).
3. The Nats doubled the most runs allowed by Ryan Vogelson this season (eight).
4. Jordan Zimmermann is the NL’s new ERA leaders as a result (2.35).
5. Gio Gonzalez is now tied for the most wins in MLB (15).
6. Gio is also tied for the most wins in Nats history with Livan Hernandez (2005).
7. The Nats set an AT&T Park record and tied their team record for most hits (21).
8. The Nats are now up 5.5 games on Atlanta, “a new high this season and tying their largest lead since baseball returned to Washington.”
9. “The Nationals have won 11 of their past 13 games.”
10. The Nats have now scored the most runs since the All-Star break (170; 5.2/game).