10 totally overblown snap observations from Opening Night @ Arizona Monday:
1) Carlos Beltran is 35. We're sure about that? Wait until he gets a hint of these 40 degree nights in St. Louis and the Cardinals might just be better off with the very rare 2 man outfield and take their chances.
2) Top of the 6th. Down by three runs. Need to get base runners. Leadoff hitter is up... and swinging at the first pitch.
Of course Al and Rick absolve Jon Jay before the ball is even in the first baseman's mitt. There's toeing the company line and then their is smothering it in Ricky Horton and eating it whole.
3) Yadier Molina doesn't look right real skinny. Good for him, but still.
4) The Stan Musial memorial sleeve patch is money. Looks awesome.
5) Adam Wainwright got paid to be the man. When you only get the ball every 5th day, you've got to make each of your 30ish starts count. On the second straight Opening Day, he didn't bring his best stuff.
In fact, th...