Final: Phillies 6, Braves 12. WP: Chad Durbin (4-1, 3.07 ERA) LP: Antonio Bastardo (2-4, 5.45 ERA) Tonight's game featured a series of highs-and-lows for the Philadelphia Phillies. The bottom of the 1st was positive in the fact that Jimmy Rollins picked up his 40th career leadoff home run, in which he homered off of opposing starter Tim Hudson to the first row in right field. Another positive was in the bottom of the fifth inning, where the Phillies scored five runs to tie the game at six as Ryan Howard hit a three-run home run to left center field. Unfortunately, between and following those events, the Phillies starting pitching and bullpen could not hold off the potent Atlanta Braves offense. Kyle Kendrick, filling in for Joe Blanton who was traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers, lasted just three and a third innings, allowing seven hits, three walks and six earned runs while only striking out one batter. The Phillies have off on Thursday before playing the St. Louis Cardinals, starting Friday night, in a three-game series to end the homestand. Attendance: 41,501 (3rd consecutive non-sellout). Starting Pitching Summary:
- Tim Hudson: 4.1 IP, 6 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 3 BB, 4 SO, 2 HR, 3.77 ERA
- Kyle Kendrick: 3.1 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 3 BB, 1 SO, 1 HR, 4.86 ERA
- Luis Avilan (5th): 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO, 0 HR, 2.84 ERA
- Cory Gearrin (5th): 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 SO, 0 HR, 1.13 ERA
- Chad Durbin (6th): 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO, 0 HR, 3.07 ERA
- Jonny Venters (7th): 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO, 0 HR, 3.79 ERA
- Eric O'Flaherty (8th): 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 SO, 0 HR, 2.43 ERA
- Craig Kimbrel (9th): 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO, 0 HR, 1.26 ERA
- Raul Valdes (4th, 5th): 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO, 0 HR, 3.33 ERA
- Michael Schwimer (6th): 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO, 0 HR, 3.52 ERA
- Antonio Bastardo (7th): 0.2 IP, 1 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 1 SO, 0 HR, 5.45 ERA
- Josh Lindblom (7th, 8th): 0.1 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 0 SO, 0 HR, 3.40 ERA
- Jeremy Horst (8th, 9th): 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 SO, 0 HR, 1.29 ERA
- Bottom of the 1st (Braves 0, Phillies 1): Jimmy Rollins homers (13) on a line drive to right field.
- Top of the 2nd (Braves 1, Phillies 1): David Ross grounds out. Freddie Freeman scores.
- Top of the 2nd (Braves 3, Phillies 1): Tim Hudson doubles (2) on a sharp fly ball to center fielder John Mayberry. Dan Uggla, Paul Janish score.
- Top of the 2nd (Braves 4, Phillies 1): Martin Prado singles on a ground ball to right fielder Nate Schierholtz. Tim Hudson scores.
- Top of the 4th (Braves 6, Phillies 1): Michael Bourn homers (9) on a fly ball to right center field. Paul Janish scores.
- Bottom of the 5th (Braves 6, Phillies 2): Jimmy Rollins doubles (25) on a sharp line drive to right fielder Jason Heyward. Kevin Frandsen scores.
- Bottom of the 5th (Braves 6, Phillies 3): Domonic Brown doubles (3) on a sharp line drive to center fielder Michael Bourn. Jimmy Rollins scores.
- Bottom of the 5th (Braves 6, Phillies 6): Ryan Howard homers (6) on a fly ball to left center field. Domonic Brown, Chase Utley score.
- Top of the 7th (Braves 9, Phillies 6): Dan Uggla doubles (21) on a sharp ground ball to left fielder Domonic Brown. Jason Heyward score, Chipper Jones, Freddie Freeman score.
- Top of the 7th (Braves 10, Phillies 6): David Ross reaches on a throwing error by third baseman Kevin Frandsen. Dan Uggla scores.
- Top of the 8th (Braves 11, Phillies 6): Michael Bourn doubles (20) on a line drive to center fielder John Mayberry. Tyler Pastornicky scores.
- Top of the 8th (Braves 12, Phillies 6): Freddie Freeman grounds out. Michael Bourn scores.
- Friday, August 10, 2012; 7:05 pm EST
- Philadelphia Phillies (50-61) vs. St. Louis Cardinals (60-50)
- Roy Halladay (5-6, 4.02 ERA) vs. Kyle Lohse (12-2, 2.79 ERA)
- TV: CSN, MLBN
- Radio: 1210 WPHT, 94 WIP
TEAMS: Atlanta Braves, Philadelphia Phillies, Los Angeles Dodgers, St. Louis Cardinals
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
|Latest Rumors||Best of Yardbarker|
Youth Football Referee Wins $275K Settlement After Being Attacked By Irate Coaches And Parents During Game
Today's Best Stuff
Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.
What is Yardbarker?
Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.