Found November 07, 2011 on
Here's a list of rumors involving the Colorado Rockies provided by Troy Renck of the Denver Post.
– The Rockies are interested in bringing Jamey Carroll back, but Renck isn't sure if the Rockies can afford a hitter with no power. He also believes that Carroll's market value is about $8 million for two years. The same deal that Omar Infante got.
– A return of Mark Ellis hasn't been ruled out says Renck. Ellis was traded to the Rockies from the A's back in June.
– Last week, we learned that the Braves were willing to listen to offers for Jair Jurrjens and Martin Prado. Renck believes that Prado is more likely to be moved, and with a rough estimate of $4.5 million for next year, he's quite affordable for the Rockies. Renck wonders if dangling Seth Smith to the Braves could get the trade talks going, since they need a “corner bat.”
– According to Renck, there's “mixed opinions on how available” Kevin Youkilis is, but he would be a perfect fit for the Rockies. He can provide some offensive pop and play both first and third base. He will make $12 million in 2012 with a $13 million club option in 2013.
– The Rokcies are exploring the possibility of moving their closer Houston Street, and according to Renck, the Blue Jays and Phillies are possible destinations for the right hander.
Image by Keith Allison under the Creative Commons License.
BEST OF MAXIM
The Rockies have expressed interest in free agent starters Kevin Millwood, Rich Harden, and Bruce Chen, according to Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post. They'll also be exploring the trade market.
Millwood, 37 in December, finished the season with Colorado, making nine starts with a 3.98 ERA. The Scott Boras client seeks a Major League deal, which Renck says makes this...
Time to turn two in Round 2 of the Movember MLB Mustache Madness current player bracket. Our two remaining middle infielder representatives now have to try and avoid each others' whiskered takeout slides if they want to advance to the current player quarterfinals.
They said Cantu couldn't win, but I say he can too! Get it? Anyone? Oh, come on. Anyway...
I guess you could say that this next Round 2 Movember MLB Mustache Madness matchup has the market cornered. The first round winners from first base and third base will now vie for the current player corner infielder mustache title.
Giambi's career may be on its last legs, but his mustache has clearly still got it as evidence by him earning 86% of the votes...
The Rockies have expressed interest in free agent second baseman Jamey Carroll, writes Troy Renck of The Denver Post. The 37-year-old enjoyed his time in Colorado and has interest in a return. However, the veteran might be too rich for the Rockies' blood. Renck sees Carroll's market value as something around a two-year, $8MM deal, as established by the Marlins'...
Adding a starting pitcher remains a top priority for the Rockies, leading them to discuss trades internally and express interest in free agents Kevin Millwood, Rich Harden and Bruce Chen.
Are the Royals still in the mix as a trade partner for Jair Jurrjens and/or Martin Prado? Should the Braves bring back Rafael Furcal? Beat reporter Mark Bowman answers questions from fans.