The Factor12 Rating (F12) is an analytic measurement utilizing league average performance to compare the value of all MLB pitchers.
(1) Justin Verlander regains the number one spot following his latest outing (6IP / 0ER) against the Oakland Athletics. The 2011 AL Cy Young leads MLB with 223.33 IP.
(2) Felix Hernandez retains the second position after another stellar performance (8IP / 1ER) against the Baltimore Orioles. “The King” leads MLB with 5 SHO.
(3) Clayton Kershaw drops two spots this week. Unfortunately, the 2011 NL Cy Young Award winner’s season might be over due to a hip injury.
(4) R.A. Dickey remains steady in the fourth position. The knuckleball specialist currently holds an 18-6 record, 2.67 ERA, and 1.042 WHIP.
(5) Kris Medlen rounds out the Top 5 list with a 30.100 F12 Rating. The right-hander has dominated opponents since returning to the Atlanta Braves rotation.
***The Factor12 Top 12 in 2012 through games on September 20th: