Michael Tonkin is joining the Twins this week, filling in for Caleb Thielbar whose grandmother passed away (my condolences) and will stick around for only a few days while Thielbar is on bereavement. While one should not judge a book by it’s cover, I feel that I am a good judge of humanity. Here are some initial assessments of Michael Tonkin. No, not Michael Tonkin the pitcher, Michael Tonkin the man.
- Michael Tonkin cannot believe he is here right now. No, not in the Major Leagues. Tropicana Field.
- He will find an instant kinship with Clete Thomas
- The photographer asked him to wipe the dopey look off his face and take a serious picture for like half an hour. He did, and this is what he got.
- Tonkin is from the south….ern part of California
- Michael Tonkin doesn’t care about any cheap jokes that bloggers might be making, because gosh darnit, he made it to the major leagues, and right now, he is on cloud 9.