6/15 Game Review
Louisville lost 4-1. Box Score
- Paul Janish went 1-4 with a run.
- Scott Rolen went 1-3.
- Mike Costanzo went 1-4 with a double.
- Dioner Navarro went 2-4 with an RBI.
- Corky Miller went 1-3 with a walk.
- Chad Reineke allowed 2 runs in 7 innings with a walk and 4 strikeouts.
- Donnie Joseph threw a hitless inning with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
Bill Bray struggled with 2 hits, a walk and 2 earned runs in 0.2 innings. Scott Rolen had a hit and a strikeouts in 3 at bats. Good start by Reineke went to waste for the Bats as he took the tough luck loss.
Pensacola lost 4-1, won 3-2 in a double header.
Game 1: 4-1 loss of Thursdays completed game. Box Score
- Brodie Greene went 2-3 with a double and a walk.
- Joel Guzman went 1-3 with a solo HR (8) and a walk.
- Andrew Means went 1-3.
- Mark Serrano threw 2 shutout innings with 2 strikeouts.
- Erik Miller threw a perfect inning of relief.
Game 2: 3-2 win. Box Score
- Didi Gregorius went 1-3 with a walk.
- Brodie Greene went 1-3 with a double, walk and a run.
- Joel Guzman went 2-2 with a double, walk and a run.
- David Vidal went 0-0 with an RBI, walk, HBP and an RBI.
- JC Sulbaran went 2-2 with an RBI at the plate. He allowed 1 earned (2 total) in 5.1 innings with 3 walks and 6 strikeouts.
- Curtis Partch threw 1.2 shutout innings of relief with a walk and a strikeout.
Tony Cingrani gave up back to back to back home runs in the 2nd inning on Thursday before the game was suspended. That was one more than he had given up all season to that point. Brodie Greene had a good double header with a 3-6 day with 2 walks and 2 doubles. JC Sulbaran with a good day at the plate and on the mound.
Bakersfield lost 8-4. Box Score
- Theo Bowe went 2-3 with a walk and a run and a steal (32).
- Devin Lohman went 2-4 with an RBI and a steal (15).
- Juan Duran went 3-4 with a double, 3 runs and 2 solo HR’s (7).
- Danny Vicioso went 2-3 with a walk.
- Josh Ravin made his season debut with a shutout inning of work with a strikeout.
- Daniel Wolford threw 2 shutout innings with 5 strikeouts.
Theo Bowe should probably buy a house in Bakersfield. Whatever it is in their water, it does him some good. He is now hitting .367/.457/.468 with 20 steals in 32 games for the Blaze. Good to see Josh Ravin back and pitching. Big arm and it looks like he is in the bullpen.
Dayton won 9-3. Box Score
- Junior Arias went 3-5 with a solo HR (3) and 2 runs.
- Juan Perez went 1-3 with a walk.
- Steve Selsky went 3-5 with a HR (3) and 2 RBI.
- Kyle Waldrop went 2-4 with a walk and a run.
- Sean Buckley went 3-5 with an RBI and a run.
- Juan Silva went 2-3 with a HR (1), 3 RBI, steal (16) and a run.
- Cole Green threw 2.1 shutout innings with a walk and a strikeout.
- El’Hajj Muhammad threw a perfect inning with 2 strikeouts.
Junior Arias hit leadoff for the Dragons and had what is probably his best game of the year. Kyle Waldrop continues his strong June and is now hitting .313/.382/.500 with 6 walks and 10 strikeouts for the month. Juan Silva is having an even better May with a .429/.556/.657 month. El’Hajj Muhammad lowered his ERA to 2.95 on the season (18.1 innings).
Game previewTeam 1st half 2nd half Time Probable Box Score Listen Live Watch Live Louisville 21-48 N/A 6:05pm
Here Pensacola 33-34
Here Bakersfield 40-29 N/A 10:45pm
N/A Dayton 29-39 N/A
Delivered to your inbox
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News||NBA News||NHL News|
Today's Best Stuff