Pierre deserves another year in Philly
The first Phillie that should be resigned this off-season is outfielder Juan Pierre. The 13 year veteran who many did not expect to make the Phillies roster has been one of the few over achievers this season. A starter since 2001, Pierre has more than adjusted to his new role as platoon player. Pierre is hitting over .300 and still has speed, stealing 27 bases in 31 attempts.
By the end of this season the tryout for Brown will be complete and based off of what we have seen he will not be part of the Phillies plans.This leaves center field, right field and third base as immediate needs for the team and the possibility of a continued platoon in left.
Pierre will deserve more than the $800,000 he is making this season but at 35 will not break the bank. Pierre still has some baseball ahead of him and if the Phillies can get him for another year, they can focus on some of their other needs. Pierre, 1 more year in Philly, let’s get the campaign started.Similar Posts:
- Phillies Need to Sell and Focus on 2013 Season
- Cliff Lee Leads Phillies to Win…Finally
- Moving Cole Hamels Could Save the Phillies Next Season
- As Trade Deadline Looms, It May Be End of an Era for Phillies
- Updated – Freddy Galvis Leaves Game with Lower Back Stiffness