AL BEast Notebook – April 6
Orioles games have become must-watch TV with the way first baseman Chris Davis has been hitting. Much has been said already but here are some things that stick out to me.
- Only two other players in history have hit a home run and had three runs batted in four straight games: Lou Gehrig and Bill Dickey (75 years ago). They both did it five in a row.
- Every team has played four games. Fourteen teams have lower home run totals than Chris Davis.
- Davis has produced more runs (17; 16 RBI plus one other run scored) than sixteen teams have scored. That’s over half the league.
- 16 RBI is the most for the first four games in MLB history.
- Davis has 9 hits in his last 13 at bats (.692) with four homers and three doubles.
- Davis is 5 for 7 with runners in scoring position for 14 RBI, and 3 for 3 with RISP and two outs.
- Davis is 7 for 8 batting against righties and has hit two home runs against lefties.
- Three of his home runs are on pitches outside the stri...