The Los Angeles Angels are supposedly shopping outfielder Vernon Wells, and the New York Yankees are rumored to be the team who is very interested.
Vernon Wells in 2009 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Now why would the Yankees want Wells?
Well, here are some Wells- facts to sleep on:
- 2006 signed to a 7-year, $126 million contract with Blue Jays; is considered the worst contracts in MLB history, yes even worse than A-rod.
- Traded to LA in 2011 for Mike Napoli and Juan Rivera, it was deemed a terrible move.
- Wells still has 2-years and $42 million left on his contract.
- He went on the DL on May 21, 2012 and needed surgery to repair a torn ligament in his right thumb. Wells missed about 10 weeks.
- He is 34-years old, so he is no Spring chicken.
To say that Wells is on the decline is an understatement as he has been pretty much useless in LA. (more…)
© Kate for Lady Loves Pinstripes, 2012. |
No comment |
Post tags: Angels, Hal Steinbrenner,