Sign up for Yardbarker's daily Top 10 newsletter, the Morning Bark! Customize to get news on your favorite sports and teams.


JONATHAN DIAZ RUMORS

The Dominican Blue Jays

TORONTO, On. — After a hitless day at the plate, Toronto Blue Jays second baseman Jonathan Diaz was approached by all-star Jose Bautista and given a chance to make history. The 29–year-old defensive specialist was handed a black sharpie pen and told to sign the April 27th lineup card — the first in Major League history to feature six Dominican born fielders on one ball club...
Via Universal Takeover Sports Network
July 03, 2014  |  Discuss

Orioles Adam Jones records 1,000th hit

After an RBI ground out in the first inning, Adam Jones was still sitting at 999 hits. In the bottom of the third, Jones hit number 1,000 in a very unconventional manner against Mark Buehrle and the Blue Jays. Jones dribbled a grounder to new shortstop Jonathan Diaz, who had replaced Ryan Goins, who had replaced Maicer Izturis at second, who left the game because of a knee sprain...
Via Pro Sports Daily
April 13, 2014  |  Discuss

Red Sox Call Up Infielder Brock Holt, Option Jonathan Diaz to Triple-A Pawtucket

The Red Sox have swapped out a couple of infielders. The Red Sox announced that Brock Holt has been called up from Triple-A Pawtucket. Jonathan Diaz has been optioned back to Triple-A to make room for Holt. Holt, who was acquired as part of the Joel Hanrahan trade in the offseason, will wear No. 26 and be in the Red Sox’ starting lineup Saturday. He’ll play third base and bat...
Via NESN.com
July 06, 2013  |  Discuss

Recap: Sox wall off with win, 5-4

Shane Victorino hit a ball through Josh Thole's legs at first base that scored Jonathan Diaz from second to walk off with the series win. The Sox jumped out to an early 3-0 lead in the second inning. Lavarnway started the scoring by hitting a ground-rule double, scoring Napoli from second. Brandon Snyder hit a double two batters later, driving in Nava and Lavarnway. The Jays...
Via Ted's Army
June 30, 2013  |  Discuss

Jonathan Diaz Says Call Up to Majors Is ‘Amazing Feeling’ After Long Time in Minors (Video)

It has been a long journey for new Red Sox infielder Jonathan Diaz. The 28-year-old is making his major league debut on Saturday for the Red Sox, starting at third base. He was drafted in the 12th round of the 2006 MLB draft by the Blue Jays. He first made it up to the Triple-A level in 2009. He’s moved between Double-A and Triple-A since. John Farrell and his coaching staff has...
Via NESN.com
June 29, 2013  |  Discuss

Game 83: Blue Jays at Red Sox - Welcome to Fenway, Diaz

Ben Whitehead Contributing Writer So far, so good on this home-stand for the Boston Red Sox (49-33), who have won the first four games back at Fenway Park. The Sox have taken the first two games against the cooled-off Toronto Blue Jays (39-40) and look to take the series this afternoon with lefty Felix Doubront on the mound. He is 4-3 with a 4.33 ERA this season and has pitched...
Via RedSoxLife
June 29, 2013  |  Discuss

Clayton Mortensen Designated for Assignment, Jonathan Diaz Called Up in Wake of Stephen Drew’s Injury

The Red Sox are hopeful that Stephen Drew won’t require a disabled list stint, but they still needed to call up an infielder. The Sox have purchased the contract of Jonathan Diaz, and reliever Clayton Mortensen has been designated for assignment, manager John Farrell said before Saturday’s game. Diaz was en route to Fenway Park when Farrell announced the roster move, but he will...
Via NESN.com
June 29, 2013  |  Discuss

Boston Red Sox DFA Mortensen; Call up IF Jonathan Diaz

Before the start of Saturday’s late afternoon game against the Toronto Blue Jays, the Boston Red Sox made a roster move by designating relief pitcher Clayton Mortensen for assignment and calling up infielder Jonathan Diaz from Triple-A Pawtucket. Mortensen, who was activated from the disabled list on Tuesday, recently finished up a rehab with the Pawsox recovering from a strained...
Via CLNS Radio
June 29, 2013  |  Discuss

Xander Bogaerts, Drew Sutton, Jonathan Diaz Sent to Red Sox’ Minor League Camp

It might not be long before Xander Bogaerts finds his way to the big leagues, but for now, it’s back to the farm for some more development. The Red Sox reassigned Bogaerts, Jonathan Diaz and Drew Sutton to minor league camp following Monday’s game against the Orioles. With the moves, the Sox now have 39 players in big league camp, including 32 players from the 40-man roster,...
Via NESN.com
March 25, 2013  |  Discuss

Your Morning Dump... Where the Sox sign some guys

I did a Google Image search for "Diaz and Hamilton". Every morning, we compile the links of the day and dump them here... highlighting the big storyline. Because there's nothing quite as satisfying as a good morning dump. The Red Sox announced the signing of two free agents, infielder Jonathan Diaz and 1B/OF Mark Hamilton to minor-league deals along with an invitation...
Via Ted's Army
January 05, 2013  |  Discuss
MORE STORIES >>
Blue Jays News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Cowboys player accused of rape

Scott: Kobe would not be a good coach

Pats WR benched for mouthing off?

Sammy Watkins calls out EJ Manuel

Donnell benches himself in fantasy and loses

Gordon: Drug policy is harrassment

Who is the new face of baseball?

Steve Smith blasts Panthers coach, GM

What will the A’s look like in 2015?

All-Disappointment Team in MLB

Ryan Lochte: Phelps made dumb decision

WATCH: Brett Favre in new commercial

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.