Bellator's SPIKE TV debut is now officially in the books and in terms of ratings and production quality it was a great success. According to Yahoo! Sports the show pulled in 938,000 viewers. The production and fighter back story pieces before the actual fights have always been something Bellator's been good at, but it's seems like they upped the ante for this one, and it paid off. But what about the actual fights themselves? I'm not sure how may TNA fans may have been won over due to a five-round title fight leading the show off and going the distance. In the end it may not have been great for people with a short attention span but it also may have just won over a lot of new fans because honestly - the show was great. Not really a shock if you've followed Bellator for a long time, they put on great fights and things are just getting better as the seasons go on.
Before you check out the highlight package from Spike.com below let's take at the full results from last nights fights in Irvine, California.
Main Card (SPIKE TV)
• Michael Chandler improved to 11-0 with his RNC finish of Rick Hawn (14-2) at the 3:02 marker of Round 2. Chandler retains his Bellator Lightweight Title and will likely get the winner of Marcin Held vs. Daven Jansen when the two finally battle in the Season 7 Lightweight Tournament Final.
• Mikhail Zayats (20-6) eliminated Renato Sobral (37-10) from his chances of $100,000 and a super final against King Mo via TKO (punches) at 4:49 of the 1st Round.
• Pat Curran (18-4) defeats Patricio 'Pitbull' Freire (17-2) via split decision (47-48, 48-47 x 2). While this may have been a close fight the newly introduced rematch clause will not be enforced for this one. Bjorn Rebney stated that the Bellator 145 lb. division is simply too stacked for a rematch at this time. Daniel Straus is next in line for Curran having won the Season 6 Featherweight Tourney.
• Jacob Noe (11-1) ousted Seth Petruzelli (14-7) from the Light Heavyweight tourney with enough unanswered punches to the face to force referee on duty Jason Herzog to stop the fight at the 2:51 marker of the very 1st round.
• Aaron "Blood Spiller" Miller (13-8) defeats Joe Camacho (13-18-3) via UD (30-27 x 3) • Jason Lambert (26-12) defeats Hector Ramirez (9-5-1) via straight armbar (Round 1, 3:59) • J.J. Ambrose (19-4) defeats Brian Warren (18-17-1) via guillotine choke (Round 2, 0:50) • Emanuel Newton (19-7-1) defeats Atanas Djambazov (17-3) via RNC (Round 2, 2:21) to advance to the Light Heavyweight semi's with Noe and Zayats. • Savant Young (11-9) defeats Michael Guymon (14-6-1) via KO (punch) (Round 2, 0:48) • Joe Williams (8-1) defeats Jamie Yager (6-4) via TKO (punches) (Round 1, 4:02) • Cleber Luciano (8-4) defeats Mario Navarro (4-3) via UD (30-27 x 3) Bellator MMAGet More: Spike.com,Watch Full Episodes,Video Clips