5'4" 125 lbs (Flyweight)
65" reach, Southpaw
July 31, 1984
16-2 (UFC: 3-0)
4 straight wins (3 straight in the UFC)
- very quick
- great wrestler
- extremely physically strong
- superb submission skills
- very good striker with good power
- has never been finished in a fight
- has only lost to one man in his whole career
- used to beating much bigger opponents
- very experienced
- great gas tank
- great at passing guard
- excellent striking defense
- very good mixing kicks into his attack
- trains with one of the best lighter weight camps in the world
- horribly inaccurate striker (32%)
- has never won "the big one" (0-1 in title fights)
- horrible takedown accuracy and takedown defense
- doesn't land many strikes in the clinch or on the ground
- hasn't fought frequently the past two years (two fights/year)
The UFC's flyweight division feels like it was created specifically with Joe Jitsu in mind. He should have UFC gold around his waist very shortly.
Click here to visit our Fighter Scouting Report database
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News|
Today's Best Stuff
Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.
What is Yardbarker?