This entry of news and notes for the Pioneer Hi-Bred from Iowa focuses in on Roush Fenway Racing driver Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. and his #6 Cargill Beef Ford. Stenhouse is coming off a 6th place finish at Darlington.
Team: No. 6 Cargill Beef Ford Mustang
Crew Chief: Mike Kelley
Chassis: RK-708 – primary – last ran at Bristol- finished sixth.
RK–672 – backup – last ran at Dover – finished first.
Stenhouse, Jr. on racing at Iowa Speedway: “I look forward to going back to Iowa Speedway. As soon you get to the track, you can feel the high energy of the fans. Iowa is a driver’s racetrack. It would be awesome to win three races in a row at a single track. Roush Fenway has strong short and intermediate track programs and Iowa Speedway has similar qualities of both types of tracks. We feel confident that we will have another strong run in our Cargill Beef Ford.”
Crew chief Mike Kelley on racing at Iowa Speedway: “Iowa is a short track but has speeds of an intermediate track. Last year we swept both races. The track will change as the race progresses so we will keep adjusting on our No. 6 Cargill Beef Ford to get it perfect for the end. Our main goal is to get a strong finish and hold on to our points lead.”
- So far in 2012, Ricky has two wins, six top-five, and eight top-ten.
- Stenhouse is currently the point leader in the NASACAR Nationwide point standings; 23 points ahead of second place Elliott Sadler.
- At Iowa, Stenhouse will pilot the No. 6 Cargill Beef Ford.
- Stenhouse has not finished outside the top-six in the past 8 races.
- Stenhouse swept both races at Iowa Speedway in 2011.