The Brooklyn Nets (1-1) will make a trip to Florida to face the Miami Heat (3-1) for an Eastern Conference showdown. However, it will be a tall task for the Nets to leave South Beach with a win as Miami is undefeated at home early in the season. Not to mention the Nets have lost six in a row in Miami.
Miami is coming off a 124-99 win over Phoenix while Brooklyn is coming off a 107-96 loss to Minnesota where the team held a 22-point lead before Minnesota erased the deficit for the win.
So as the two teams get set to tussle tonight, we here at Crossover will spotlight this game and give you five things to watch for during the contest:
• LeBron James has scored in double-figures in 145 straight games for Miami and makes him three games shy of Wade's record.
• Mario Chalmers has recorded two 10+ assist games so far this season.
• Miami is 3-0 this season when shooting at least 50%.
• The Nets currently rank third in the NBA in three-point shooting percentage at 50% and eighth in points per game at 101.5.
• Nets' C.J. Watson has scored in double-figures off the bench in the first two games of this season going for 10 vs. Minnesota and 15 vs. Toronto.