The San Antonio Spurs (27-9) hit the road again with a visit to Louisiana to face the New Orleans Hornets (8-25) and will also welcome back forward Stephen Jackson who has been out with an ankle injury suffered in New York. This will be the third meeting for the Spurs and Hornets this season with the Spurs winning the first two.
In the second meeting, the Spurs handed the Hornets a 99-94 loss at home last month. Tony Parker paced the Spurs with 25 points and 5 assists while Tim Duncan added 15 points and 10 rebounds. For the Hornets, Anthony Davis finished with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
The Spurs are coming off a convincing win over the Sixers 109-86 in San Antonio. Tony Parker led the way with 20 points, 5 assists, 2 rebounds.
The Hornets are coming off a 99-96 overtime win versus Dallas. Greivis Vasquez finished with 25 points.
And as the Spurs look to avoid their sixth loss in eight road games in New Orleans, here are five things to watch for during tonight's contest:
• The Spurs have averaged just 99.4 points in its last seven road games.
• Hornets' Greivis Vasquez is averaging 20.0 ppg and 10.5 apg in his last six games.
• The Hornets are 0-14 when their opponent scores 100 points or more.
• The Hornets are 0-1 when tied at halftime.
• Hornets' Robin Lopez has scored 10-plus points in six of his last nine games, and is averaging 14.8 ppg over that stretch.