The San Antonio Spurs (38-11) kick off their annual "Rodeo Road Trip" with a stop in Minnesota to face the Timberwolves (18-27). This is the Spurs and Timberwolves second meeting of the season.
In the first meeting the Spurs beat the Timberwolves 106-88 in San Antonio. The Spurs were led by Tony Parker’s 20 points and 6 assists while Gary Neal added 15 points off the bench. Minnesota was led by J.J.Barea’s 15 points and 6 assists.
The Spurs are coming off a 96-86 win over the Wizards. Parker finished with a double-double with 19 points and 12 assists. However, in the first half of the game, Tim Duncan suffered a sprained left knee and right ankle and did not return to the court. Duncan is now listed as day-to-day as an MRI revealed there was no structural damage. However, he will not suit up tonight against Minnesota. Also, Manu Ginobili will not play in tonight's game due to hamstring tightness.
The Wolves are coming off a 98-100 loss to the Blazers. Donte Cunningham had a career-high 23 points for Minnesota while Ricky Rubio added 15 points and a career-high 14 assists.
And as the Spurs get set to get the "Rodeo Trip" going and keep their 10-game winning streak alive, here are five things to watch for during the game:
• The Spurs were 8-1 on last year's trip and have never had a losing record on this trip.
• Minnesota is 0-10 when scoring less than 90 points this season.
• Minnesota had limited teams to just 25.0% (32-for-128) from three-point distance in its previous six games.
• Minnesota's Andrei Kirilenko is shooting 58.6% (58-for-99) in his last 10 at the Target Center.
• Minnesota has lost a league-high eight games when taking a lead into the 4th quarter.