The Los Angeles Clippers continue adding to their roster. Even as they await the resolution of the Kawhi Leonard investigation, the Clippers have been busy building their roster for next season and beyond.
The Los Angeles Clippers have been one of the most active teams this summer. Assuming that the Kawhi Leonard trade goes through without a problem after the conclusion of the league investigation, the Clippers will have revamped the roster in a significant way.
On August 20, the Los Angeles Clippers officially announced they had acquired swingman Max Strus from the Cleveland Cavaliers as part of a bigger, five-team trade whose primary piece was the Denver Nuggets signing-and-trading Peyton Watson to Cleveland.
Kawhi Leonard, the two-time NBA Finals MVP, has always spoken through his play on the court. However, in this offseason, a comment from Hong Kong, thousands of miles away, has got everyone speculating about what exactly Leonard is into at the moment.
The Los Angeles Clippers continue to make offseason moves despite being in the Kawhi Leonard investigation limbo. They are still waiting for the resolution of the league's investigation to finalize that trade, but that hasn't stopped them from strengthening their roster for next season.
The regular season is important, but NBA legends are made in the playoffs. More specifically, it's the Finals where the all-time greats have built their otherworldly reputations.
Clippers point guard Darius Garland says he’s finally healthy again after a toe injury wrecked much of last season. Garland told Cyro Asseo of HoopsHype that the injury initially began as a bone bruise after repeatedly stubbing his toe inside his shoe.
The Los Angeles Clippers now have 17 players under contract for next season after trading for Max Strus. They have to move on from two players between now and the start of the season.
The Los Angeles Clippers have made significant roster changes this year, dating back to the NBA trade deadline in February. Star players like James Harden, Ivica Zubac, and now Kawhi Leonard have been moved.
Speaking to Cyro Asseo of HoopsHype, Clippers point guard Darius Garland discussed the toe injury that required him to undergo surgery last offseason and caused him to miss 37 games in 2026/27.
Typically, the path to the NBA for most players is to spend at least a season in college to get high-level basketball and important development under their belts.
After the LA Clippers traded for Max Strus, adding another guard in a crowded backcourt, what does it mean for Bennedict Mathurin amidst his contract negotiations?
The NBA offseason has been littered with trades. The free agent market wasn't as lucrative as in other years, so teams had to get creative with roster construction.
The Los Angeles Clippers' decision to bring Bradley Beal back on a two-year, $13.2 million deal, including a player option in his second season, raised some eyebrows around the league.
Now that Max Strus is a member of the Los Angeles Clippers, it appears that Darius Garland is hyped about the acquisition. The Clippers point guard took to his IG story to share a picture of Max Strus in a Clippers jersey following the news of the blockbuster trade that sent Peyton Watson to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Assuming that the Kawhi Leonard trade goes through, the Los Angeles Clippers will begin the 2026-27 season with a revamped roster. For the first time in a while, the Clippers will not have serious postseason aspirations entering the season.
On Monday, ESPN reported that the NBA had found no evidence of Los Angeles Clippers owner Steve Ballmer funnelling money to Kawhi Leonard in an effort to avoid the salary cap.
Pablo Torre had been the man responsible for bringing the LA Clippers and Steve Ballmer’s alleged salary cap circumvention to light last year. However, for all the work he put in to try and bring attention to what could be one of the biggest possible scandals in NBA history, the former ESPN pundit didn’t have high hopes.
Just shortly after ESPN published a report that stated the NBA could not find any evidence of Steve Ballmer and the Clippers paying Kawhi Leonard through sponsors, the league’s chief communications officer, Mike Bass, issued a clarification notice.
The NBA reportedly has found no evidence that Clippers owner Steve Ballmer funneled money to Kawhi Leonard through team sponsors. So what exactly is the league still investigating?
The Los Angeles Clippers and Toronto Raptors agreed to a blockbuster trade to send Leonard back to Canada. The only problem is that Leonard and the Clippers are entangled in an investigation into an alleged salary cap circumvention scheme, and both parties could face steep penalties if found guilty.
The Los Angeles Clippers are entering the 2026-27 season with uncertainty that feels more intriguing than ominous. The Kawhi Leonard era is effectively over pending the league’s review of the Toronto trade.
A number of former All-Stars opted out of their contracts for 2026-27 to give their teams more flexibility to make moves. Across the board, that extra flexibility has led nowhere.
The two-year, $13.2MM contract that Bradley Beal signed with the Clippers on Thursday is technically partially guaranteed for both seasons, as Jake Fischer of The Stein Line and Bleacher Report confirms (Twitter link).
Bradley Beal’s summer is getting a rather anticlimactic outcome. The veteran shooting guard Beal has agreed to re-sign with the LA Clippers in free agency, Shams Charania of ESPN reported on Thursday.