Knicks vs. Clippers: ABC 3:30PM
The Knicks come into this afternoons game on a 3 game losing streak without their 3 top players and looking more like a lottery team than a 3 seed and a division leader at 38-25. They face one of the best teams in the league with most likely the best PG in the league in Chris Paul. The Clippers have the deepest bench in the league and a great record of 45-21.
Keys to the Game:
- Without Melo and Tyson the Knicks will need the luck of the Irish today. Ball movement and defensive toughness will hopefully keep the Knicks in this game and in position to win it, but if they commit mental mistakes and turn the ball over it will be a long afternoon.
- Keeping Chris Paul in front of you will be the only way the Knicks will have a shot to win this one. Chris is the premier point guard in the NBA and can handle, shoot and drive with the best of them. Raymond and Shump must keep him in front.
- Jamal Crawford can kill you off the bench. He is a gifted scorer, but not a great defender, so if the Kicks can get quick fouls on him maybe they can get him out of the game. The only hope for a win?
- Push the ball whenever you can. This might be the strength of the Knicks, only if JR and Raymond can push while creating for others.
- The interior defense of Camby, Kenyon and Kurt will have to be the next coming of the big three if the Knicks have a chance to stun the Clipps today, they must box out, defend, defend and defend.
Overall, the Knicks are a long shot to win this game without their 3 best players. Even with 2 out of the 3 stars, the Knicks are still struggling as a team and might drop further today in the standings, with the questions looming on the real status of Melo and Tyson.
Don’t hang your head Knicks faithful. Getting healthy for the playoffs is half the battle. The Knicks might drop to 5th or 6th seed, but I would rather be healthy and at those spots than the 3 seed and a first round loss. Health is half the battle. The other half of the battle is the metal strength of the team and their strategy moving forward.
Peter A – Knickswag
The post Injured Knicks Face Clippers appeared first on Knickswag - A New York Knicks Blog - News, Rumors, and more!.