Found February 08, 2013 on
Knicks 100 T-Wolves 94
The New York Knicks have something to prove, are they contenders or pretenders? Tonight was a game that asked that question. The game was ugly from a defensive standpoint, but they averted disaster by squeaking by the Timberwolves on the back of Carmelo Anthony with a 100-94 victory and improve their record to 32-16.
Things That Looked Good:
- Carmelo Anthony got the Knicks off the hook tonight; he carried the team the entire night and especially in the 4th quarter. Like Wally says “a win is a win”. This team needs to figure things out defensively quickly or they are not going anywhere.
- Carmelo Anthony had one of those nights where he dominated offensively with 36 points and 9 rebounds. The problem here is that Melo was the only go-to-guy on the team tonight and that is a major problem.
- Stat showed some promise with 11 points and 5 rebounds, but he only played 21 minutes. I am surprised in his lack of minutes, because the Knicks need a 2nd option to help carry the load.
- Steve Novak showed up tonight with the minutes he was given. He was aggressive in his time and we actually saw the head fake, which is something to look forward to in the future. Steve dropped 11 points on 4-9 shooting.
Things That Need to Improve:
- This team needs to take their defense up a notch. The guards need to keep their opponents in front of them, stop getting beat of the dribble, fight over picks and stop getting caught off balance.
- Shump looks like he has a long way to go in his comeback. He looks a step slow and his body language and confidence looks a little lost. Usually Shump’s D is top notch, but the injury he had was an injury that changes some player’s careers. I am not saying that is what’s happening, however NY needs to keep an eye on this developing situation.
- The Stat sheet tonight did not reflect the game at all. The rebounds (42-41 Knicks) were almost even and the assists (19 each) were as well. The Knicks only committed 8 turnovers, which is a huge plus from the last few games. However, the game looked one sided in the T-Wolves favor. I was surprised to see the stat sheet so close.
- The Timberwolves are a well coached team from a future Hall of Fame coach Rick Adelman. He has his players playing very hard for him. Ricky Rubio is a maestro with the ball and Pekovic is a machine on the boards and in the paint. Luke Ridnour has been a great shooter his whole career and always seems to punish the Knicks.
Overall, the Knicks stole this game from Minnesota. They had a weak defensive night and got lucky in this contest. Melo put the team on his back and went on a 24-7 run to end the game. Their defense secured the win, but turning on and off the defense will only kill the Knicks in the end. Up next for the Knicks is a matinee against the Clippers. The only problem is the Tri-State area is crippled with a blizzard and not sure either team can make it back in time for Sunday’s game. Stay tuned!
Peter A – Knickswag
The post Knicks Steal a Game in Minnesota appeared first on Knickswag - A New York Knicks Blog - News, Rumors, and more!.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Carmelo Anthony's wife Lala reportedly tastes like Honey Nut Cheerios according to Kevin Garnett but one flaky fan in Minnesota sounds like he is just plain nuts.
Anthony was confronted by a trash-talking Timberwolves fan — while entering the Target Center Friday night — who harassed the Knicks star about Garnett. The obsessed man taunted Anthony about his Celtics rival...
Carmelo Anthony had 36 points and nine rebounds, scoring 12 points down the stretch to rally the New York Knicks to a 100-94 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Friday night.
Anthony topped 30 points for the 17th time this season for the Knicks, who trailed by 11 with seven minutes to play. But Anthony did all of his fourth-quarter damage in those final minutes, hitting a...
The New York Post is reporting that Carmelo Anthony had an uncomfortable experience as he entered the Target Center last night for the Knicks vs Timberwolves game.
A crazy fan reportedly was able to sneak by Target Center security, and followed Melo from the team bus all the way to the lockerroom, screaming at Melo in regards to Kevin Garnett.
The fan snuck by security when the Knicks...
Quick, name the NBA's league leaders in technical fouls.
If you guessed Carmelo Anthony, Matt Barnes, Kobe Bryant and DeMarcus Cousins ... odds are you didn't have much trouble answering this question correctly.
But you are missing someone.
The NBA's "Mr. Nice Guy," Kevin Durant, says it's time for him to shut his mouth on the court.
"I just got...
Post Game Recap
Final Score: Clippers: 102 Knicks: 88
It was a long afternoon at the Garden for Knicks fans as the Clippers came into MSG and took it to the Knicks for the better part of the afternoon. All of the Knicks struggles from throughout the season came out at once today, making it almost unbearable to watch at times. The Knicks also got another scare in the injury...
Post Game Recap
Final Score: Knicks: 100 Timberwolves: 94
The Knicks did just enough to win tonight as a game Timberwolves squad gave them everything they could handle in a 100-94 victory. It was not the prettiest of victories, but a win is a win and it counts all the same in the win column. Again there was not effort given for the whole game, making for an uneven performance...
Knicks 88 Clippers 102
Today the Knicks had a chance to make statement to the world and to all Knicks fans. This was not their day. The New York Knicks could not stop Chris Paul, Jamal Crawford and the relentless offense of the LA Clippers. The Clipps held down the Knicks, despite Carmelo Anthony’s 42
points and 8 rebounds. The Clippers beat the Knicks 102-88.
We dig fashion T, you dig…
Tyson Chandler and wife Kimberly Chandler attend the Suno fall 2013 fashion show during MADE Fashion Week at Milk Studios. Never get why these guys love fashion so much, to me it almost softens a person up.-TO
Melo and Tyson Chandler at Jordan Brand Event
Carmelo Anthony and La La Living Seperately?
Wizards John Wall’s return to the court has been understated this season, probably because the Wizards season overall has been uneventful. But during Knicks vs. Wizards on Wednesday night, John Wall showed why he’s a player you can’t afford to sleep on. Checkout this play where he blocks Carmelo Anthony from behind and goes coast to coast hits a spin on Jason Kidd for the lay...
Wizards John Wall has had quite the return to the court this season, but since the Wizards season overall is garbage he has gone somewhat unnoticed. But not today, during [...]
Post Game Recap
Final Score Knicks: 96 Wizards: 106
The Knicks just did not bring it enough Wednesday night in Washington, leading to a disappointing loss at the hands of the Wizards. This comes as a surprise to some people, but really shouldn’t as the Wizards improve to 8-7 with John Wall in the lineup; also seven of their 13 wins now have come against teams with records above...
The snow has fallen and there's virtually nobody to be seen on the roads!There aren't many people around the tri-state areas cruising the airways much either at this point, which has made it difficult for the Knicks to come back home following Friday night's victory over the Timberwolves.Since we're all snowed in together, let's take a look at some links to figure...
The New York Knicks are already sending 2 players to Houston to participate at All-Star weekend, Olympic gold medalists Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler. They will be representing the Eastern Conference in the East vs. West all-star battle that will surely include wide open 3’s for Melo and a few alley-oop lobs to TC. Unfortunately, Mike Woodson will not be headed to Houston...