With the most recent cuts and injury related moves, the Colts are currently down to 75 players on the active roster. By Friday at 4 pm ET, they must be down to 53 players.
Here's my early week guess at the final roster, with an aside: this roster is solely comprised of players on the roster right now. The Colts will likely add as many as 5-7 new faces after the league-wide cuts, but that may not happen until Friday. For now, this roster is solely made up of current Colts.
QB: (3) Andrew Luck, Drew Stanton, Chandler Harnish
RB: (4) Donald Brown, Vick Ballard, Mewelde Moore, Delone Carter
LT: (2) Anthony Caastonzo, Ty Nsekhe
LG: (2) Joe Reitz, Seth Olsen
C: (2) Samson Satele, A.Q. Shipley
RG: (1) Mike McGlynn
RT: (2) Winston Justice, Jeff Linkenbach
TE: (3) Coby FLeener, Dwayne Allen, Dominique Jones
WR: (6) Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie, T.Y. Hilton, LaVon Brazill, Donnie Avery, Kris Adams
DE: (4) Fili Moala, Cory Redding, Drake Nevis, Ricardo Mathews
NT: (2) Antonio Johnson, Chigbo Anunoby
OLB: (6) Robert Mathis, Jerry Hughes, Tim Fugger, Dwight Freeney, Mario Addison, Jerry Brown
ILB: (4) Pat Angerer, Kavell Conner, Jerrell Freeman, Moise Fokou
CB: (5) Jerraud Powers, Vontae Davis, Justin King, Korey Lindsey, Cassius Vaughn
S: (4)Antoine Bethea, Tom Zbikowski, Joe Lefeged, Mike Newton
K: (1) Adam Vinatieri
P: (1) Pat McAfee
LS: (1) Justin SnowNotes
- I have a feeling about Matt Overton at long snapper. I think he could be kept and put on the practice squad, stored for the future when Snow leaves.
- The Colts HAVE to sign a NT off waivers. You can't go into the season with Johnson your starter, and Anunoby your only backup. That's pushing your luck way too far.
- I think with the injury to OT George Foster, Ty Nsekhe has a much better chance of making it. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts kept another guard, like Mike Tepper or Hayworth Hicks instead.
- A few of these players will likely eventually be replaced by new names, especially offensive linement, cornerbacks, and defensive linemen. This is by no means a final roster, but just a Friday roster.
- I like Kris Adams at WR, but the Colts very well might go with five on the roster, and store a young guy (or two) on the practice squad. Personally, I like Adams and with Collie's injury, you need some depth at that position.
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News||NBA News||NHL News|
Today's Best Stuff