Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Cris Collinsworth of NBC Sports:
CRIS COLLINSWORTH (NBC Sports)
1. Green Bay Packers - Best team in regular season last year and have chip on shoulder after playoff loss.
2. New England Patriots - Belichick-led team immune to Super Bowl loss hangover.
3. New York Giants - Got hot at perfect time last year. Need to carry postseason mentality into regular season.
4. Philadelphia Eagles - 4-0 preseason could mean they're ready to make up for disappointing 2011.
5. San Francisco 49ers - A fumble away from Super Bowl. 49ers are dominating team in weak division.
6. Denver Broncos - Up and coming young defense should get to play with lead thanks to Peyton Manning.
7. Baltimore Ravens - Ray Lewis lost weight. Ray Rice got paid. Joe Flacco ready for breakout year.
8. Pittsburgh Steelers - New offensive coordinator and rebuilt offensive line.
9. Houston Texans - Dominating defense. Need to keep Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson healthy.
10. New Orleans Saints - Lots of turmoil in New Orleans, but they still have Drew Brees.
11. Chicago Bears - Matt Forte healthy and happy after big new contract.
12. Dallas Cowboys - Jason Witten's injury could leave Tony Romo without his go-to guy to start season.
13. San Diego Chargers - Talented team has to break pattern of starting slow.
14. New York Jets - Defense should be even better, just need a little help from offense.
15. Atlanta Falcons - Mike Smith and Matt Ryan have turned Falcons into perennial contenders.
16. Detroit Lions - Could be scary team if Matthew Stafford continues to get better.
17. Cincinnati Bengals - Good team in tough division. Can Dalton and Green be even better in their 2nd year?
18. Seattle Seahawks - Rookie Russell Wilson talented, but is he ready to be an NFL QB?
19. Carolina Panthers - Lots of weapons on offense, but do they have enough defense?
20. Kansas City Chiefs - Surprise team of 2010 trying to get back on track after rash of knee injuries last year.
21. Buffalo Bills - Mario Williams signing brings an optimism that hasn't been seen in Buffalo for a while.
22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Josh Freeman looking to get back on track after disappointing 2011.
23. Tennessee Titans - Jake Locker era begins. Physically gifted, accuracy is only concern.
24. Arizona Cardinals - Larry Fitzgerald is great WR in search of a quarterback. Can John Skelton be the guy?
25. Oakland Raiders - After finishing 8-8 last 2 years, Raiders trying to take next step with new coach Dennis Allen.
26. Miami Dolphins - Reggie Bush and running game will have to carry load if rookie QB Tannehill struggles early.
27. Minnesota Vikings - Adrian Peterson still one of best backs in league if healthy.
28. Washington Redskins - Young running backs Evan Royster and Roy Helu need to take some pressure off RG3.
29. Cleveland Browns - Rebuilding year in Cleveland revolves around first-round round picks Weeden, Richardson.
30. Jacksonville Jaguars - Maurice Jones-Drew back with team, but without new contract.
31. St. Louis Rams - Sam Bradford looked good as rookie, but needs to show he can stay healthy.
32. Indianapolis Colts - New GM, coaching staff and quarterback. Taking rebuilding to whole new level.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL