Posted September 07, 2012 on
WASHINGTON STATE HAS 12 known commitments in their 2013 class and with the first home opener of the Mike Leach era on tap for Saturday, it’s time to take a closer look at one aspect of WSU recruiting.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Losing the season opener to BYU apparently hasn't stopped Washington State head football coach Mike Leach from being Mike Leach. The Pirate King heard that his Washington counterpart Steve Sarkisian brought a caged tiger on to the practice field sidelines while the Huskies prepared to face LSU this Saturday, and naturally had to comment on it.
“They could have stuck a...
THE COUGARS’ OFFENSIVE LINE had a less-than-memorable performance in its home opener against Eastern Washington. But coach Mike Leach has no intention of letting the debacle fade into crimson oblivion.
In a landslide (86%), the most impressive Brigham Young Cougars defensive stat versus Washington State was -5 rushing yards. The other 14 percent were evenly split for 229 passing yards (7%) and 5 of 15 third down conversions (7%). I, too, find the -5 yards rushing to be the most impressive.It doesn’t matter how many total rush attempts the opponent makes. If the rushing yards...
I have said it before and I'll say it again. It is darn good to have Mike Leach back in college football, and it seems he gives us a new reason to love him every day. He is never afraid to share his opinions and thought son anything, and yesterday was no exception.
The Internet was buzzing with the news that Washington brought a live tiger out to practice this week to...
TO TRULY GRASP the importance of the 1972 Washington State football season, says Tom Poe, who was a star junior linebacker on that club, you must understand the six years prior. The ’72 season was more than just memorable -- it was almost a dream-come-to-life for players and fans because of the nightmarish prequel.
Video: Great video from the stands
Leach, Cougars look to right the ship in home opener
Fresh off a 30-6 shellacking at the hands of the BYU Cougars to open up the 2012 season, Mike Leach and the Washington State Cougars will look to bounce back against an in-state foe in the form of the Eastern Washington Eagles.
Saturday will mark the much anticipated home-opener for the Cougars in front of a sellout out crowd...
PHOENIX -- Future Washington State Cougar Tyler Bruggman threw two interceptions -- a total that equaled his entire output of last season -- and his Brophy Prep team lost a close one, 33-31, to Mesa Red Mountain on Friday night. But it wasn’t the interceptions that stood out for head coach Scooter Molander. Not by a long stretch.
WHILE THE OUTCOME was much more favorable for Washington State, the feeling from the Cougars’ 24-20 win Saturday against Eastern Washington before a sold out Martin Stadium remains similar. Simply put, WSU made far too many mistakes, which turned a potential blowout into a far-too-close outcome.
MARSHALL LOBBESTAEL is still in the game. During a recent practice, the former Washington State quarterback was focused, workmanlike and had players huddled around him. But he wasn’t wearing pads or a helmet.
SEATTLE - It's Friday, so that means RATTLEHEAD is back to fark you up! Zach Mettenberger loses his lunch - literally, and Jeff Tedford and Mike Leach earn their turns too. RATTLEHEAD also puts together a classic UW gif and gives fans a glimpse into the true John Clayton. Check it out!
A 6-FOOT-8 OFFENSIVE TACKLE prospect from Canada who has caught the eye of Washington State is beginning to set up his official visits. In addition to WSU, he has offers from the Big Ten and SEC, and he’ll have less time to make his commitment decision than the vast majority of other Class of 2013 prospects.