Found May 20, 2013 on
Pro Football Zone:
The San Diego Chargers have been taking things slow with wide receiver Vincent Brown as he continues to work his way back after suffering a season ending broken ankle last season. He’s been mostly limited to mental reps, according to the San Diego Union Tribune.
“First of all, all glory to God for allowing me to come back from an injury like that,” Brown said. “Being back and running around out here, I feel like a 10-year-old kid again, running around, catching balls. I’m just happy to be back.”
Browns believes he’ll be ready to go once training camp comes around.
“I haven’t played football in a year, so I have to get my mechanics back, make sure I can break and all that stuff,” Brown said. “That’s pretty much what the process is. … Last week was kind of the break-in week. It was a little sore coming out, but this week it feels a lot stronger. Hopefully it progresses week to week.”
Need NFL Tickets?
The post Chargers taking things slow with Vincent Brown appeared first on Pro Football Zone.
BEST OF MAXIM
After a good amount of time treading free agent waters, offensive tackle Max Starks found an island land on. The former Steeler signed with the San Diego Chargers on Tuesday, reports Josina Anderson of ESPN, and later confirmed by the team. The deal is for one-year. Starks, 31 played his entire 9 seasons in the NFL with the Steelers, and started all 16 games in 2012. Pittsburgh...
The San Diego Chargers have been in the market for an
offensive tackle throughout the offseason, and they finally were able to add a
veteran presence yesterday. The Chargers agreed to a one-year contract with
Pittsburgh Steelers free agent Max Starks, according to Josina Anderson of
Max Starks just added via text to me that he is going to San Diego on a , "one year deal...
According to Josina Anderson of ESPN, the San Diego Chargers of signed free agent offensive lineman Max Starks.
Max Starks just sent me a text telling me he is going to the Chargers.
— Josina Anderson (@JosinaAnderson) May 21, 2013
Starks is a solid player that will help strengthen a weak Chargers offensive line.
Need NFL Tickets?
The post Chargers reportedly sign Max...
The San Diego Chargers won't be making rookie linebacker Manti Te'o available to the media until team's June 13 mini camp according to Michael Gehlken of U-T San Diego. The move is an effort to shield Te'o from negative media attention relating to the scandal of Lennay Kekua, his fake ex-girlfriend. To be clear, as most of you know, Te'o was the victim in the...
Left tackle Max Starks agreed to a one-year contract with the San Diego Chargers to help protect Philip Rivers' blind side.
Starks, who is 6-foot-8 and 345 pounds, spent his first nine seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers. He played every offensive snap for the Steelers last year despite tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during the Steelers' playoff...
Love. Affection. Comfort. All things that a guy will often look to receive (as well as give) his girlfriend. For obvious reasons San Diego Chargers linebacker Manti Te'o can't get that from his former 'love' Lennay Kekua. His famous fake better half is doing one better though--and will likely have other guys wishing they had former fake girlfriends too!
Josina Anderson received a text from OT Max Starks that mentioned he’s signing with the San Diego Chargers.
Starks mentioned that he signed a one-year deal with the team.
The Chargers have been in contact with offensive tackle options in the past few weeks, so it’s not surprising to see them some additional help.
Starks, 31, spent a number of seasons with the Steelers, but...
The San Diego Chargers are keeping Manti Te'o off-limits to the media - for now.
The star linebacker was barred from speaking with reporters at the Chargers' second open session of organized team activities.
That doesn't mean Te'o isn't out and about.
Maxim confirmed Monday that Te'o attended a party last week in Hollywood after the magazine included his...
Credit: USA Today
In what I believe to be a smart move, the San Diego Chargers are keeping the polarizing Manti Te’o away from the media as he begins his journey in the NFL. Via Chargers beat writer Michael Gehlken:
Per Chargers spokesman, Manti Te’o will be unavailable to speak to media until June 11-13 minicamp. “Organizational decision,” he said.
— Michael Gehlken (...
Keenan Allen learned the hard way that it’s a bad idea to offend your fanbase by wearing the hat of a rival team. Allen, a North Carolina native, played his college ball at Cal and was drafted in the third round by the San Diego Chargers last month. The wide receiver shared a video on Vine of himself eating at In-N-Out burger, but he was wearing an Oakland Raiders hat in the video...
The Chargers signed LT Max Starks to a one-year deal Tuesday. Was it a late offseason steal or an act of desperation? To find out, we chat with SteelCityInsider.net publisher Jim Wexell. He analyzes Starks' game in detail and calls him perhaps "the most under-appreciated player in Steelers history."
The San Diego Chargers are keeping Manti Te'o off-limits to the
media - for now.
Are the Chargers missing a golden opportunity while Quentin Jammer remains unsigned? Is Tom Telesco better off leaving Max Starks for somebody else to acquire? Which position groups are set up for the most intense offseason battles? These answers and more inside this week's Bolts Notebook.