Found January 24, 2012 on
1) Introduction: Wilson is another Packers defensive lineman that was just another guy in 2011. It’s tough to distinguish Wilson from Jarius Wynn, Howard Green and Mike Neal because nobody in the grou did much of anything to stand out.
Clifford James Wilson
Weight: 290 lbs.
3) Expectations coming into the season: Capable backup. Wilson was expected to fill in if a starter got injured and give regulars like B.J. Raji and Ryan Pickett a breather when needed. Wilson ended up getting some starts later in the season when Wynn’s production fell off.
4) Player’s highlights/low-lights: Like the rest of the Packers D-linemen, Wilson could not pressure the quarterback. According to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Wilson averaged one pressure every 113.4 snaps. Yikes. I can’t think of many individual plays that stand out as highlights for Wilson, but if he moved into a starting role, he must have been doing so...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Quarterback Matt Flynn could be given the Packers franchise tag this offseason. He may just be allowed to walk away in free agency. Whatever the case is, Flynn will not be back in Green Bay next season.
Flynn was just too good in his record-breaking Week 17 performance to be a backup quarterback any longer. Flynn's teammates don't even expect him back...
outside linebacker Erik Walden
1) Introduction: One of the pleasant surprises of the 2010 season, Walden had a career day in the last regular season game against the Chicago Bears where he terrorized Jay Cutler with 2 sacks and the rest of the team with an astonishing 11 tackles. Many fans hoped that in 2011, Walden would emerge as the James Harrison (only as a player, not as a...
1) Introduction: With Cullen Jenkins wearing an Eagles uniform, the Packers turned to Mike Neal to replace Jenkins’ pass rush and grasp of the 3-4 defense. It didn’t work out. Letting Jenkins go and relying so heavily on Neal turned out to be a rare miscalculation by Packers GM Ted Thompson, one that played a huge role in the Packers early exit from the postseason...
Jim Irwin (right) is a member of the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame. He is pictured here with his partner of many years Max McGee. Irwin died today of cancer.
When Jim Irwin made the call as the clock wound down to zero at the end of Super Bowl XXXI, Packers fans were ecstatic.
“World champions, Green. Bay. Packers.” That was Irwin’s call – one he had waited decades to make...
UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS Name Pos Age Yrs Salary Ryan Grant* RB 28 4 $3.5M Scott Wells* C 30 7 2.75M Jarrett Bush CB 27 ...
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell (right) shares a moment with Packer defensive coordinator Dom Capers before a game at Lambeau Field. Raymond T. Rivard photograph<a ... [visit site to read more]
Roger Goodell will be commissioner through 2018 - Lombardi Ave - Lombardi Ave - A Green Bay Packers Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.
Former Green Bay Packers coach Mike Sherman will get a second interview for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' head-coaching position, league sources said Monday.