Found August 21, 2012 on
Denver Broncos News
- The Denver Broncos are feeling a bit chippy about their performance against the run, so its a good thing another strong rushing attack is on the docket this weekend. [DenverBroncos.com]
- When was the last time the Broncos were in the top 6 from odds makers to win the Super Bowl? I’m betting it was somewhere around 2006… [First & Orange]
- Derek Wolfe and the rest of the rookies get graded here and so far this draft class looks about as good as it can be without having a first round draft choice. [Denver Post]
- Comparing Peyton Manning to Michael Jordon actually seemed apt to me, however, when I think of the greatest basketball player ever to live my instant thought is Jordan and when I think of the greatest football player ever to live about a dozen names flash through my head all at once. So maybe it isn’t all that good of a comparison. [Denver Post]
- There are many vocal Broncos fans out there, including here on BroncoTalk, that are extremely worried about Peyton Manning. I doubt that will change until, as Mel Gibson said in We Were Soldiers, “When the metal meets the meat”.
Be sure to follow me on Twitter for more Broncos updates throughout the day.
BEST OF MAXIM
Direct TV’s fairy commercials to support their NFL Sunday Ticket are a bit ironic. Football..fairies…players…tights…anyway, this reel signals the return of Peyton Manning.
As we will soon be reminded when he’s in motion, his brand shows up more than just on the field.
If quarterbacks were judged by MVP awards and commercial appearances, Denver’s Peyton Manning would undisputedly be the greatest of all time.
From wiping the windshield, to giving wet willies, to getting a massage, to ‘cut that meat‘, to ‘orange barrel, reroute!’, to telling on Eli for locking him in a closet, Peyton has pretty much done it all.
Below are outtakes...
Russell Wilson stands at a mere 5-foot-11 and 206 pounds, on a good day. But at that diminutive stature, many big-time NFL pundits would say Wilson has no place playing quarterback in the league. Right? Well, in college, the talented quarterback only threw for 3,000 yards in three consecutive seasons. He also tossed just 109 touchdowns to 30 interceptions over his four-year career...
Denver Broncos 3rd-round pick Ronnie Hillman has reportedly been working closely with Peyton Manning.
Manning has specifically been working on Hillman’s route running, a sign that he will play an integral role in the Broncos passing game, likely as a 3rd down target.
Hillman was one of the fastest players in this year’s draft class and definitely one of the most dangerous threats...
(Eds: Updates. With AP Photos.) By ARNIE STAPLETON AP Pro Football Writer Derek Wolfe is a blur.
Whether it's making up for a lost offseason or slipping past offensive linemen, the Denver Broncos' top draft choice is giving opposing coordinators and quarterbacks more to worry about in 2012 than just Pro Bowl pass-rushers Elvis Dumervil and Von Miller.
The Broncos drafted...
According to Bill Williamson of ESPN.com, Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning has had problems throwing the ball to his right side.
“It appears that one of the biggest challenges for Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning as he comes back from a serious neck injury is throwing to his right.
“ESPN guru John Clayton pointed it out to me this summer. While he thought...
Denver Broncos News
Denver Broncos fans got their first taste of the Peyton Manning no huddle offense on Saturday night. It was exciting to see it work well, but its too bad it ended in frustration. Hopefully, we’ll see it all come together at least once before the regular season. [DenverBroncos.com & Denver Post]
Meanwhile, the Broncos defense has shown its a work in progress...
Coming off injury Peyton Manning is a sexy pick to finish among the elite quarterbacks this season. All reports from camp hint towards a full recovery from neck surgery. With young receivers Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas expectations are high in Denver. Peyton is no slouch to the spotlight leading the Colts to a bowl victory in 2006.
One of Manning’s biggest knocks throughout...
Detroit lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh isn’t looking to clean up his reputation. Instead he wants to take down more quarterbacks.
“I love hitting Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler. Ben Roethlisberger, I would like to go against him, because they say he’s one of the hardest to take down,” Suh said, via NFL.com. “I see that as a challenge, so I would love to take him down...
Denver Broncos News
It feels like the Denver Broncos roster at many positions is crowded. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, because it either means we’re a very deep team or it means we’re a very average team. I hope its the former! [Denver Post]
Everything you want to know about this weekends match-up with the San Francisco 49ers is here, along with...