Found August 25, 2012 on
Jack Del Rio
Denver Broncos News
- Sorry for going AWOL yesterday, but I’ve got a limited amount of time each morning to bust these links out and I had to take a very important phone call that ate up all of that limited time and then some. We’ll start today’s links with a piece from a few days ago that would have gone into yesterdays post. Peyton Manning will transform the Denver Broncos offense, but the question is, how long will it take to start gelling? [Denver Post]
- According to the Broncos PR Department, the team is still installing the system. It vaguely reminds me of last year’s lockout. That ended with inconsistent defensive play and terrible offensive play, with more than a few incredibly heart-stopping moments along the way! Hopefully, Manning will make last year a fleeting memory. [DenverBroncos.com]
- David Bruton has stood out this preseason, but pretty much only on special teams. However, he’s starting to give me a Keith Burns vibe and I like it! [Denver Post]
- The Linebacker position is in flux and it feels like, to me anyway, John Elway and John Fox are trying to figure out if they can live without D.J. Williams post-2012. I can live without him now, but I’m the kneejerk fan type. Besides, both Nate Irving and Danny Trevathan have looked solid out there so far, while having Keith Brookings and Joe Mays may allow both those youngsters get another year under their belt before breaking into the starting roles. [Denver Post]
- Meanwhile, Peyton Manning has taken Jack Del Rio‘s quarterback son under his wings. Maybe if Brock Oseweiler doesn’t work out, we could snatch up Luke Del Rio! I kid, I kid. Everyone knows his father is going to draft him after he gets his next head coaching gig. [CBS Sports]
Be sure to follow me on Twitter for more Broncos updates throughout the day.
BEST OF MAXIM
After last night's debacle on offense, the Arizona Cardinal faithful have to be disgruntled for not landing Peyton Manning during the offseason.Through their four preseason games, the Cardinals have gone 1-3 and the offensive line has looked awful at times. Kevin Kolb and John Skelton have combined for 5 INT's, 8 Sacks, and only 2 scores. They've also combined for...
Peyton Manning vs. Eli Manning. The elite vs. the pro bowler. The one time champion vs. the two-time champion. Who fears who more? This has become our modern-day era, which came first the chicken or the egg?, age-long question. Just like everyone assumes it was the egg, everyone assumed it was Eli that feared big brother Peyton.
What if it was the chicken that cames first...
In the spirit of Madden 13 ratings and Super Bowl buzz, below is a look at the Denver Broncos celebrating a 27-23 SB XLVII victory over the New Orleans Saints in EA Sports’ 2012 version of Madden.
A few quick notes after the jump.
The team hosting the Super Bowl hasn’t made the playoffs the year their city hosted the game since 2000, when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers went 10...
Denver, CO. The glimpses and flashes of potentially explosive plays with this Denver Broncos offense has given all who follow this team plenty of optimism as we inch closer to the season opener early next month. Peyton Manning has looked pretty good, running the show with the leadership he has mastered for over a decade now. The receivers have looked pretty good, catching most...
It’s been an argument ever sinePeyton Manning was moved to Denver: which receiver will become his favorite?
During the all important 3rd preseason game, it was clearly Eric Decker, as he hauled in two early scores against the elite San Francisco defense. The preseason statistics are nice, but they are only reinforcing what we thought when Manning signed in Denver. Demaryius Thomas...
Only two games on the card Sunday night but they both involved interesting storylines.Peyton Manning looked sharp in his 3rd preseason game with the Broncos.Also just as interesting, but perhaps for different reasons, Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow continued to struggle in their 3rd preseason outing with the Jets. Peyton and his Horses look ready for Week 1, while Mark and Timmy have...
Wide receiver Eric Decker #87 of the Denver Broncos makes a catch for a touchdown as cornerback Tramaine Brock #26 of the San Francisco 49ers looks on during the first quarter of a pre-season game at Sports Authority Field Field at Mile High on August 26, 2012 in Denver, Colorado. (Justin Edmonds/Getty Images)
A 17-0 head start, courtesy Peyton Manning, wasn’t enough for the Denver...
In 1998 the debate about the best quarterback available in the draft centered around the word "upside." While most appreciated Peyton Manning's football acumen, pedigree and polish most agreed that Ryan Leaf had a better arm as well as the potential to grow more. The pundits felt Manning was too ready. In hindsight they look like the buffoons in Major League proclaiming...
10) Russell Wilson earned the job in Seattle, forever ending the prejudice against short QB prospects9) The New York Jets offense and ticket office would like you to believe that preseason doesn't matter at all, no sir, not any8) After watching Nick Foles take apart Cleveland, the fan bases of Miami and Arizona are on high alert for Mike Kafka7) Dallas has set strict conduct...
DENVER -- David Akers kicked four of his five field goals in the second half and the San Francisco 49ers withstood Peyton Manning's first two touchdown passes since joining the Denver Broncos for a 29-24 exhibition victory on Sunday. Alex Smith played most of the first half for the 49ers and had a touchdown pass to his fleet tight end Vernon Davis in a solid effort. Smith...
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Four Denver Broncos quarterbacks and their position coach were scouting the Seattle Seahawks' defense when Peyton Manning suddenly paused the video.
Brock Osweiler was paying attention and taking notes. The rookie from Arizona State just didnt expect the storied veteran to put him on the spot.
Manning asked Osweiler to identify the Mike, which is the term...